makes a great first impression!

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I was shopping at the mall yesterday and I walked past the att store and saw the moto x just staring at me. So I walked in and took it for a spin.

I was so focused on trying out the active notifications and I kind of succeeded in doing so. Unfortunately the att display software kept interrupting! But I got around it slightly and figured it would be something I'd REALLY enjoy! The whole phone felt as snappy as my new nexus 7 and my HTC one. I was seriously impressed. Couldn't really tell how it felt in the hand cause of the security thing, but the build look really nice and seemed like it had comfortable curves.

Boy do I wish I had the money to get this! Anyone want to convince me to do so?? I easily get talked into things! Especially from myself! Which is bad.

Posted via Android Central App

bandityo

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Sold my HTC one which was great for this moto x feels better in hand and more practical to me

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was shopping at the mall yesterday and I walked past the att store and saw the moto x just staring at me. So I walked in and took it for a spin.

I was so focused on trying out the active notifications and I kind of succeeded in doing so. Unfortunately the att display software kept interrupting! But I got around it slightly and figured it would be something I'd REALLY enjoy! The whole phone felt as snappy as my new nexus 7 and my HTC one. I was seriously impressed. Couldn't really tell how it felt in the hand cause of the security thing, but the build look really nice and seemed like it had comfortable curves.

Boy do I wish I had the money to get this! Anyone want to convince me to do so?? I easily get talked into things! Especially from myself! Which is bad.

I think the thing I am intrigued by is the fact that that phone seems to have as close to Vanilla Android as possible and it's not a Nexus. I haven't had a chance yet to see the device, but based on specs and screen shots, it already is one I would love to test drive.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I think the thing I am intrigued by is the fact that that phone seems to have as close to Vanilla Android as possible and it's not a Nexus. I haven't had a chance yet to see the device, but based on specs and screen shots, it already is one I would love to test drive.

Yes that's a major plus too. There aren't 4 different tabs in settings, or a million different toggles in the notification bar and there was such minimal bloat as well!

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I probably won't use a phone without it. Begging in business meetings frequently this feature gets a lot of use

That's all I've been seeing people say. It just seems so convenient. And it looks really nice and simple too. Which is how I like my phones. How is battery life going?

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
That's all I've been seeing people say. It just seems so convenient. And it looks really nice and simple too. Which is how I like my phones. How is battery life going?
For me battery life has been excellent. I've unplugged for about 16-17 hours each day and go to bed with about 30% left with moderate usage.

Sent from my Moto X

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Sold my HTC one which was great for this moto x feels better in hand and more practical to me

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

I did the exact same thing. Loved the One! Love the X as much but has active notifications and moto assist which give it the edge for me.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Battery life has been great for me. I haven't killed the battery yet in two weeks of owning it.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

I'm getting 10-12hrs total use but I'm a heavy heavy user. So 5-6hrs screen time. This is a huge step for me coming off of the nexus 4.

Oh I need to add that is with bluetooth, GPS and wireless on. If I did that with my N4 4hrs of screen time would of never happened. This moto is really a amazing phone.

bandityo

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Another cool thing..>I have a new 2013 F150 with Sync, and with motoassist on when I get a text message it reads it allowed to me and comes through the sound system of my truck, and not just the speaker of the phone....pretty cool

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Wow sounds great! That's a bit better than my One. I don't know guys, I'm pretty much convinced! I love my one though and the development for it. That would be a pretty big switch...

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Another cool thing..>I have a new 2013 F150 with Sync, and with motoassist on when I get a text message it reads it allowed to me and comes through the sound system of my truck, and not just the speaker of the phone....pretty cool

If only my 01 cavalier can do that...lol thats pretty neat though!

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Wow sounds great! That's a bit better than my One. I don't know guys, I'm pretty much convinced! I love my one though and the development for it. That would be a pretty big switch...

Then stick with it and quit obsessing over other phones. While you're at it, sign up for a free developer account with HTC (takes all of two minutes), get your unlock code, unlock the boot loader, and install a custom ROM. I recommend Android Revolution HD Google Edition. You end up with the build quality of the HTC One, the high end hardware, the beautiful screen, Beats Audio, Zoe, and the "pure" Google experience. Before you say that you would rather not go that route, ask yourself why you went Android and why you chose the One. If you picked Andoid for its customization, than do it. Or you could just get a new iPhone. ;)

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Then stick with it and quit obsessing over other phones. While you're at it, sign up for a free developer account with HTC (takes all of two minutes), get your unlock code, unlock the boot loader, and install a custom ROM. I recommend Android Revolution HD Google Edition. You end up with the build quality of the HTC One, the high end hardware, the beautiful screen, Beats Audio, Zoe, and the "pure" Google experience. Before you say that you would rather not go that route, ask yourself why you went Android and why you chose the One. If you picked Andoid for its customization, than do it. Or you could just get a new iPhone. ;)

Get off your high horse man. I've been rooting and unlocking for years. I'm trying to figure out if another phone is worth getting. That is all.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting 10-12hrs total use but I'm a heavy heavy user. So 5-6hrs screen time. This is a huge step for me coming off of the nexus 4.

Oh I need to add that is with bluetooth, GPS and wireless on. If I did that with my N4 4hrs of screen time would of never happened. This moto is really a amazing phone.

could you please post a pic of 6 hours of on screen time on the moto x's tiny battery..

its battery advantages are more about off screen.