Moto X Signal Bars

cmathis91

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed on my Verizon Moto X that the signal bars jump around like crazy. I was standing outside with -80dBm LTE strength, and the bars were jumping from 4 to 2, then back again. I haven't had a problem with reception, but the signal bars don't seem to accurately reflect the signal strength. Anyone else notice this?

howdydoesit

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed on my Verizon Moto X that the signal bars jump around like crazy. I was standing outside with -80dBm LTE strength, and the bars were jumping from 4 to 2, then back again. I haven't had a problem with reception, but the signal bars don't seem to accurately reflect the signal strength. Anyone else notice this?

My signal bars are stable. What was it like where you were standing outside? Weather, trees, large buildings, etc.?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

cmathis91

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I was outside maybe 10 feet from a building in Atlanta. There are more buildings, but they're pretty spread out where I was.

Regardless, I was watching the signal strength stay relatively constant at ~80dBm and the signal bars fluctuate abnormally.

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
As long as it works, who care how many bars you have. I've found that as long as I have at least 2 bars, theres very little difference beween 2 and 4 bars.

mtndewgood

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine does the same thing even when I am connected to my airave. I'm on my second model due to loose volume buttons. The last one did the same thing. The bars are unreliable.

cmathis91

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Mine does the same thing even when I am connected to my airave. I'm on my second model due to loose volume buttons. The last one did the same thing. The bars are unreliable.

Good, that's what I hoped. Sounds like a little software issue, but no big deal. It will probably be fixed in an update.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac