Picked up the 5s today.

mcelmeel17

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Typical Android fanboy. Don't agree with something, and you are a moron./smh

Him saying something completely untrue is moronic. Read what he wrote pappy. I like the iPhone. My gf has one. But him saying things that are false is annoying.

Posted via Android Central App

mcelmeel17

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
They are very close. Pull up a web page on chrome with both. I bet the visible page is nearly identical.

Wow, that looks like more than I saw when I compared the two myself.

I really don't like onscreen buttons, interestingly enough, I minded the them the least on the Moto X.

I wish the Droid MAXX had a 4.7" screen with offscreen buttons instead of the stretch to 5".

Of all the things I dislike about the iPhone, the thing I do like is how smooth the UI and Apps are.

I'm looking at the photo above your post and the difference is clear in screen size.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Him saying something completely untrue is moronic. Read what he wrote pappy. I like the iPhone. My gf has one. But him saying things that are false is annoying.

But you don't come on here and call people names. Just because he said something that may or may not be true, and you don't agree with his opinion, is not a reason to call him a moron. Chill out!

BTW, he is correct about the webpage.

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
congrats on your iphone it has a wonderful camera hope you come back to android after awhile though, or not. who cares. it's a phone.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
You realize, with the button bar on the Moto X, the usable screen space is pretty much identical...right?
The on-screen buttons aren't always visible, so the screen is either 4.5" or 4.7". If you think that's "pretty much identical" to the iPhone, then it must be pretty much identical to the LG G2. And by the transitive property of pretty-much-identicalness, it's reasonable to say it is also the same size as the Galaxy Note 2.

Right?

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
wow, just checked, it *is* only 4G. Why is that?

I'm not entirely sure on this, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong. With 4G phones there are multiple radios in the phone, 1 for data and 1 for voice which allows for simultaneous voice/data. Where as 3G phones only have 1 radio which is not capable of doing both voice and data together.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Every LTE device can do simultaneous Voice and Data except the iPhone. Even on AT&T, the iPhone drops to HSPA while on a call.

Android phones have 3 antennas, the iPhone has 2. LTE and Voice share the same antenna on the iPhone.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
To be fair, the original poster has posted a lot about the Moto X and owning one.

However, this thread is not about the Moto X. This thread doesn't seem to have a point other than to tell us that he got an iPhone. Well...good for him. That's irrelevant to this forum, though, and I'm not sure why he thinks we need to know. Maybe he just likes to see himself post.

Give it a week before he finds something to start obsessively b*tching about with the iPhone. Seems like a trend for that guy

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
try watching a netflix/hbogo/whatever movie on both phones and tell me if you still think that, also, as to the bottom nav bar, if it bothers you, look around , you might find ways to hide it ;-)

cbales24

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Every LTE device can do simultaneous Voice and Data except the iPhone. Even on AT&T, the iPhone drops to HSPA while on a call.

Android phones have 3 antennas, the iPhone has 2. LTE and Voice share the same antenna on the iPhone.

Does this also hold true for Sprint's CDMA network? All LTE phones are capable of simultaneous voice and data except the iPhones?

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

Sprint and Verizon use CDMA ..and CDMA network by design does not support data and voice simultaneously .. this is not fault of any handset .. that's how CDMA was designed .. When Verizon and sprint added 4glte support simultaneous data and voice became possible because the voice calls take place on CDMA network and data transmission on there 4g LTE network this requires special antenna architecture to maintain both CDMA and lte actively ..which iPhone doesn't and most of the android phones have it .

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Sprint and Verizon use CDMA ..and CDMA network by design does not support data and voice simultaneously .. this is not fault of any handset .. that's how CDMA was designed .. When Verizon and sprint added 4glte support simultaneous data and voice became possible because the voice calls take place on CDMA network and data transmission on there 4g LTE network this requires special antenna architecture to maintain both CDMA and lte actively ..which iPhone doesn't and most of the android phones have it .
Except in the few cases of SVDO. Either way, the iPhone should support it. Once VoLTE rolls out, it won't matter.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm not entirely sure on this, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong. With 4G phones there are multiple radios in the phone, 1 for data and 1 for voice which allows for simultaneous voice/data. Where as 3G phones only have 1 radio which is not capable of doing both voice and data together.

but my phone does it only *while* on 4G but not on 3G even though it's the same phone, so it still has as many radios. And my old Palm Pre was 3G and did voice calling and web functions.

Last edited:

mcelmeel17

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
But you don't come on here and call people names. Just because he said something that may or may not be true, and you don't agree with his opinion, is not a reason to call him a moron. Chill out!

BTW, he is correct about the webpage.

I jumped the gun but I get annoyed lol its my fault on that one.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
i still havent seen a single comment which points to he/she being a big fan. infact i even doubt if that person owns a Moto X

Good thing the world is not based on your doubts then. He is a well documented Moto X guy who loved his device. I had many a negative word with him about the Moto X.

He had a very bad expierience with Moto X care. In fact, he still owns his Moto X, and is looking to sell it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR