VZW Moto X - Googlw Wallet Issue

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
So Google Wallet appears in the Play store and I installed it, but for some reason "Tap and Pay" is disabled. I have been using GW on my Galaxy Nexus and so having it on the Moto X sealed the deal, but how do I enable "Tap and Pay" on the Moto X?

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
From what I know Verizon seems to be anti-google wallet so it might not be possible. While I installed wallet I haven't tried to get tap to pay working. I guess the first thing to check to see is if NFC is enabled as it is disabled by default. I believe though unless your device is on the "approved list" that it won't work.

josephz2va

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
GW paywave is only supported on Sprint and a few minor league carriers. At&t and Verizon don't support it.

You can find the devices list on Google Wallet Google Play.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
From what I know Verizon seems to be anti-google wallet so it might not be possible. While I installed wallet I haven't tried to get tap to pay working. I guess the first thing to check to see is if NFC is enabled as it is disabled by default. I believe though unless your device is on the "approved list" that it won't work.

NFC is enabled and on. It worked on my VZW galaxy nexus but not the Moto X :(

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Looks like it only works on the Sprint and US Cellular versions of the X. The VZW Moto X came with an Isis NFC SIM so we might be stuck having to wait for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC