camera update for the verizon X?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon's update lag seems to be proportional to the age of the phone. This phone just came out, so it should only be a few weeks. Once demand to purchase tapers off, more like a month behind after a year, it's anyone's guess.

If you're on Verizon, put on your patient hat and settle in.

But you'll eventually get there.. I came from the Bionic which was released before the RAZR and DROID 4. The RAZR and DROID 4 both got Jelly Bean before the Bionic.

Lasermn

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Jellybean on the Bionic managed to break Bluetooth streaming to my car stereo though, I was not happy with that change to my bionic at all!!

Last edited:

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't known if it makes a difference but when I was on sprint and phones got updates right away they would seem to get worse. And then the last update that was put out really screwed things up and then you wouldn't get an update after that.

I'm new to Verizon but I'm hoping slower roll out means it works.

Posted via Android Central App

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Verizon told me today that they are waiting on motorola to push the update. Not sure I believe that that's what they said.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon told me today that they are waiting on motorola to push the update. Not sure I believe that that's what they said.

I've learned that if Punit Soni posts about it on Google+, it's probably going to happen. Then I wait until Verizon actually makes an official announcement.

In this case, Punit Soni says it's coming to "other carriers". I believe him. I'm not going to get hung up on when though.

fierro951

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
It is on other carriers as of now :(
except us on Verizon.

I still haven't seen any news at all.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Yet another uneducated Verizon rep who thinks (or pretends?) Verizon has nothing to do with the process.

opuntia2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Yet another uneducated Verizon rep who thinks (or pretends?) Verizon has nothing to do with the process.

Not that I'm defending Verizon, but it could be that Verizon has tested it, given it their blessing and now the ball's in Motorola's court to actually push out the updates, or not. That's why for me this is so frustrating, all this speculation is because all of the parties involved give incomplete/vague statements.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Not that I'm defending Verizon, but it could be that Verizon has tested it, given it their blessing and now the ball's in Motorola's court to actually push out the updates, or not. That's why for me this is so frustrating, all this speculation is because all of the parties involved give incomplete/vague statements.

My understanding is Manufacturer [MOTO] makes the update and gives to carrier [Verizon]. Carrier tests it to see it it "breaks their network "If the carrier is satusfied then Carrier pushes it to the phones.

Question: SInce the new Droids are similar to the Moto X in many respects could VZW be waiting to update all 3 at the same time?

opuntia2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
My understanding is Manufacturer [MOTO] makes the update and gives to carrier [Verizon]. Carrier tests it to see it it "breaks their network "If the carrier is satusfied then Carrier pushes it to the phones.

Question: SInce the new Droids are similar to the Moto X in many respects could VZW be waiting to update all 3 at the same time?

I remember reading this awhile ago, Moto is pushing out the updates, but the carriers still have to approve them though Motorola will supply over-the-air updates to the Moto X, not carriers - Pocket-lint

sentinelred

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure we'll get the update, but like everything else through Verizon, I'm sure it'll be significantly later than all the other carriers. Fortunately for me, the camera isn't the most important thing for me or the reason why I chose this phone.

jrowe

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Verizon just wants to be sure VZ Navigator still works with the camera update. :confused:

I've never understood that. Does anyone actually use vz navigator? I can't imagine anyone paying extra on top for that junk when Google navigation and waze both are much better. They need to just discontinue that and several other of their other bloats.

I'm looking straight at you backup assistant.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've never understood that. Does anyone actually use vz navigator? I can't imagine anyone paying extra on top for that junk when Google navigation and waze both are much better. They need to just discontinue that and several other of their other bloats.
I'm looking straight at you backup assistant.
I always never understood why they point vz navigator on smartphones since Google navigation is free
When phone was being activated at vzw the store rep asked how I backed up my contacts without pausing for my answer he said."Backup assistant"?:confused:
I said oh hell no backed up by syncing contacts with Google :)

I signed up for the soak test program..hoping to get the in on the update early...

I signed up too :)

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I always never understood why they point vz navigator on smartphones since Google navigation is free

Because some people are too stupid to realize that Navigation is free through Google's apps. It's similar to all the stupid people who pay for Verizon Visual Voicemail without realizing that Google Voice will do the same thing for free.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I remember reading this awhile ago, Moto is pushing out the updates, but the carriers still have to approve them though Motorola will supply over-the-air updates to the Moto X, not carriers - Pocket-lint

Interresting.... since Verizon has always been "the Problem" and Moto hasn't yet updated Verison I wonder if they will beable to stick to their guns in this regard.

I am curious as to How Motroloa is pushing the update in comparison to how the carriers normally do it. Does the Moto X have software installed on the device thet "phones home" to Motoroloa every so often?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34