camera update for the verizon X?

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes just no ETA yet but I'd imagine it will start to roll out soon considering the T-Mobile, Sprint and now AT&T rollouts are going on.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I hope so. It's probably why I haven't taken any pictures with this phone yet.

Posted via Android Central App

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Punit Soni on his G+ account stated that it is on the way. Obviously he has no say in Verizon's testing, but that it is in the pipeline. Verizon is mum on anything like that until they release it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Punit Soni on his G+ account stated that it is on the way. Obviously he has no say in Verizon's testing, but that it is in the pipeline. Verizon is mum on anything like that until they release it.

Ah that's right. He mentioned coming soon to "other carriers" in his G+ post.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I hope they release it soon. Its the only reason I haven't really taken any pictures with this phone yet.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. I've admittedly been stalking him a little bit.

I was too up until the Bionic's 4.1.2 update. He and his team have been delivering. Feels like every relevant Motorola device since the Bionic has found a way to Jelly Bean.

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
It's not a question of if we will get the OTA update or even if we will see 4.3 when Moto's build is finished as the answer to both of those questions is yes. The question I think a lot of us have is how much can Google/Motorola pressure Verizon into offering these updates in a timely manner. I'm honestly a bit concerned at this point based on what I've seen......T-Mobile and Sprint are well underway with their rollouts, AT&T started theirs a few days ago but yet we haven't even been given a soak test email yet for Verizon. The most concerning part of this is that the OTA is quite minor in general....its only a 35MB update, doesn't have massive changes or anything and simply fixes some security holes, voice call quality and the camera. You'd think that it should fly through Verizon's testing and yet it isn't. Now when Motorola completes 4.3 and they being testing that to release, are we going to have to see potentially a multi-week or worse delay from when it's "done" to when it's released?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's not a question of if we will get the OTA update or even if we will see 4.3 when Moto's build is finished as the answer to both of those questions is yes. The question I think a lot of us have is how much can Google/Motorola pressure Verizon into offering these updates in a timely manner. I'm honestly a bit concerned at this point based on what I've seen......T-Mobile and Sprint are well underway with their rollouts, AT&T started theirs a few days ago but yet we haven't even been given a soak test email yet for Verizon. The most concerning part of this is that the OTA is quite minor in general....its only a 35MB update, doesn't have massive changes or anything and simply fixes some security holes, voice call quality and the camera. You'd think that it should fly through Verizon's testing and yet it isn't. Now when Motorola completes 4.3 and they being testing that to release, are we going to have to see potentially a multi-week or worse delay from when it's "done" to when it's released?

That information is internal. For all we know, Verizon is already testing it.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's update lag seems to be proportional to the age of the phone. This phone just came out, so it should only be a few weeks. Once demand to purchase tapers off, more like a month behind after a year, it's anyone's guess.

If you're on Verizon, put on your patient hat and settle in.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Verizon's update lag seems to be proportional to the age of the phone. This phone just came out, so it should only be a few weeks. Once demand to purchase tapers off, more like a month behind after a year, it's anyone's guess.

If you're on Verizon, put on your patient hat and settle in.

This is unfortunately true.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante