If anyone is actually still interested in user reviews..

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Thought I would share my opening thoughts with this phone for people still curious, or hesitant to jump on this 'mid-range' device.
First, I go through a lot of phones. I've accepted the fact that the latest and greatest will always tempt me, and so has my girlfriend.. so I'm in the clear :)
Anyways, some of my previous phones have been the HTC One, Nexus 4, GS3, BB Z10, Galaxy Nexus, iPhone 5s (brief stint) to name a few, and I currently own both the LG G2 and my brand new Moto X. Suffice to say, I have a lot of experience with several different types of phones over the last year or so.

I'm a hardware nitpicker, big time. The iPhone 5s I owned for a week bugged the hell out of me because of an extremely loose sleep/wake button that would rattle with the slightest movement of the device. I very rarely use cases on my phone, and how the device feels in my hand is pretty important to me. My LG G2 is nice, but feels a little too light and flimsy for me to truly say it has excellent hardware.
- The Moto X absolutely nails the feeling in the hand. It is so solid; it's light, yet dense. The size is literally perfect (along with the curve), and it's hard to believe you're actually using a 4.7" display.
- I was worried about having loose buttons, but these things are solid, and offer such a nice feel when pressed in.
- Woven white looks great. It's been a long time since I've had a white phone, and I absolutely love this. So clean looking. However, the plastic around the rim can sometimes appear a little cheap looking at certain angles (it feels premium however).
- The screen... is good. Sure, the '4g lte' in the notification bar is a little pixelated looking, but what can I expect when I've been using a G2 and HTC One previously? I can safely say that in no way does it actually deter from my viewing experience. The colors are vibrant, and the screen itself is bright. Stop worrying about pixel density spec who*res, cause this is a beautiful display.
- Holy hell these speakers are surprisingly loud and clear. I'm talking 'Boomsound' competitive sound reproduction here.

- This is the absolute best performing Android smartphone on the planet. I've had all the latest and greatest, and they can barely compare to the fluidity of Jelly Bean here.
- Motorola has found the best combination software wise. This is a Nexus-esque phone with added goodies.
- The goodies are actually innovative. Active notifications is flat-out awesome, touchless control is great and works as advertised, and Motorola assist is very useful.
- Don't forget how cool Motorola Connect is...
- Camera is... good as well. Not as good as the LG G2, but I do not have an issue with the color reproduction and the shots appear plenty sharp to me.

In brief conclusion, this phone is truly awesome. Not to mention completely and utterly UNDERRATED. It is a damn shame that people overlook this thing because of its specs. Look, I'm a self-admitted spec wh*re. I love having a phone that loads the spec sheet. At the end of the day, my G2, or any of my previous spec-sheet winners could not compare to the experience that Google and Motorola deliver here with the Moto X. It is the perfect blend of software and hardware, and I can only reaffirm that it holds the title of the finest Android experience today.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey Jdane07 - I totally agree. Sounds like you and I have the same phone addiction, only my wife is not as understanding as it sounds like your girlfriend is...

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I 100% agree with you. I've spent the past few months using my htc one as my daily driver, and decided to pickup a Moto X as well.

I love my htc one, however the experience the Moto x offers is second to none. I too enjoy quad core processors and 1080p displays, yet miss neither of those when using the Moto x.

Granted I have been spoiled by 468ppi on the one, but it came at a price. I can make it through the day with a max of four hours of heavy use screen time. On the Moto x, I am able to get as Much as six hours of screentime throughout the day. I can also get two days easily with around four hours of screen time.

The level of software optimization going on with the Moto x is amazing. They truly utilized the x8 system to its full potential. I'm not generally one for benchmarks (over 9000!) Yet it's worth noting this thing benchmarked higher than an LG g pro with the snapdragon 600 as well as the n7 2k13 with a quad core variant of the s4 pro.

Probably the best android phone to date.

The only thing I'm going to try next is the new nexus phone and the second generation HTC one when it comes out.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Good stuff. Got my moto x yesterday so I will be adding to the discussion as soon as I get some more time with it.

Coming from a s4 GPe as a daily driver. Finally activated that nano SIM last night and get everything set up. More to come...

Sent from my Moto X

ddorbuck

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, Im currently on the "get an android" fence but the moto x is really intriguing me. I currently have an iphone 4s and I am ready to move on.
Do you see any need to get the 32gig moto x model over the 16 gig one? other than having a large photo and music library? I have always had 16 gig phones (iphone 1, 3gs, 4s) but I like the idea of having more space to apps and data. I know its a personal choice but all the $99 sales I see like from bestbuy are only for the 16 gig moto x model.
To those of you that have this phone and this is only really a question from a guy like me who has yet to jump into the fray, would it be wise and wait for the new nexus 5 or the moto x with its muiti cores and dsp still be a better phone than the leaked nexus 5 specs? I know its not officially announced yet but I waited this long ..

I have been driving my wife nuts with online video reviews of the moto x so something has to give soon ! lol. Thanks. Doug

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Good stuff. Got my moto x yesterday so I will be adding to the discussion as soon as I get some more time with it.

Coming from a s4 GPe as a daily driver. Finally activated that nano SIM last night and get everything set up. More to come...

Sent from my Moto X

If you want to be able to switch between the Moto x & s4 gpe, I'd highly suggest this German made nano to micro sim adapter. Works great. Snaps into place. Not some cheap adapter that gets stuck. This adapter actually secures the nano SIM card inside the adapter. Using it inside my htc one as we speak.

Here is a write up I did regarding It.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=320772

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, Im currently on the "get an android" fence but the moto x is really intriguing me. I currently have an iphone 4s and I am ready to move on.
Do you see any need to get the 32gig moto x model over the 16 gig one? other than having a large photo and music library? I have always had 16 gig phones (iphone 1, 3gs, 4s) but I like the idea of having more space to apps and data. I know its a personal choice but all the $99 sales I see like from bestbuy are only for the 16 gig moto x model.
To those of you that have this phone and this is only really a question from a guy like me who has yet to jump into the fray, would it be wise and wait for the new nexus 5 or the moto x with its muiti cores and dsp still be a better phone than the leaked nexus 5 specs? I know its not officially announced yet but I waited this long ..

I have been driving my wife nuts with online video reviews of the moto x so something has to give soon ! lol. Thanks. Doug

Been there with the iPhones and like you most were of the 16gb variety. I always had to worry which photo albums, what music and how many videos I could put on them. When I started getting Android phones they usually had sd card expansion so space was less of a problem. Then because of my frequent phone switching I decided to move my stuff to cloud storage, what a great move that has been! I have ALL my music syncing from iTunes to Google music for streaming anywhere and anytime I want. ALL my pictures (a lot of pictures) sync through Picasa web albums to Google plus for immediate access anywhere and anytime. Lastly, ALL my videos sync through picasa the same way. With the free space offered through Google drive and Dropbox I have no need to store any files locally on my phone. So to answer your question about the 16gb phone, for me at least, yes it's plenty. All I need is space enough for any apps I add to the phone. The question of Nexus versus Moto X, that's more difficult and for me at least I look at it this way. The Nexus will surely be a great device. Pure stock Android with good hardware specs and all that. The Moto X is nearly pure stock Android with the added features of touch less controls, motorola assist and active notifications. The advantage goes to Nexus for faster OS updates but to Moto X for the added features, IMHO. I went Moto X, its a great phone and I have been thoroughly pleased with it in every way.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my Moto X

Good to see you picked one up! Which version did you get?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
If you want to be able to switch between the Moto x & s4 gpe, I'd highly suggest this German made nano to micro sim adapter. Works great. Snaps into place. Not some cheap adapter that gets stuck. This adapter actually secures the nano SIM card inside the adapter. Using it inside my htc one as we speak.

Here is a write up I did regarding It.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=320772

Lol! That was me that thanked you on your thread! I ordered the adapter by the German company. Thanks again! I did find that you can slip the nano in to the s4 SIM holder without a adapter and it works fine if lined up properly. Not sure if it will stay in place with movement so will be glad to get the adapter. I have committed 2 weeks to the moto x to get used to it before deciding if this will become my daily driver.

Sent from my Moto X

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Good to see you picked one up! Which version did you get?

Thanks! Picked up a used mint ATT all black woven 16 GB model for such good deal I could not resist! Not liking the 16 GB so if I stay with it after a few weeks I would sell this one and get the 32GB developers addition. I could probably get at least what I paid maybe even a bit more. :)

Missing that 5 inch screen so far. Not so much the 1080p but just a Bit more real estate to to type and the fonts are a bit larger. Nice heft.

Will use for a good 2 weeks to give it a good trial.

Sent from my Moto X

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Picked up a used mint ATT all black woven 16 GB model for such good deal I could not resist! Not liking the 16 GB so if I stay with it after a few weeks I would sell this one and get the 32GB developers addition. I could probably get at least what I paid maybe even a bit more. :)

Missing that 5 inch screen so far. Not so much the 1080p but just a Bit more real estate to to type and the fonts are a bit larger. Nice heft.

Will use for a good 2 weeks to give it a good trial.

Sent from my Moto X

Awesome man,

I know they are still going for around 450-500 on Swappa and Craigslist so I'm sure resale will be no problem. Thought about selling mine and getting a dev edition too.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Lol! That was me that thanked you on your thread! I ordered the adapter by the German company. Thanks again! I did find that you can slip the nano in to the s4 SIM holder without a adapter and it works fine if lined up properly. Not sure if it will stay in place with movement so will be glad to get the adapter. I have committed 2 weeks to the moto x to get used to it before deciding if this will become my daily driver.

Sent from my Moto X

Ugh. That's so scary. I would not suggest that one bit. Could easily get dislodged and get stuck inside the phone. No bueno.

You will love the adapter.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Ugh. That's so scary. I would not suggest that one bit. Could easily get dislodged and get stuck inside the phone. No bueno.

You will love the adapter.

Yep surely not for every day. My SIM is in my moto x and will stay there until I get that adapter.

Sent from my Nexus 7

eronfaure

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
The only reason why I won't convert to a Moto X is that I like my android os to be up to date. Otherwise, I'd be rocking a Moto X.