Moto X in Canada on other providers.

npridgeon

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Can the Moto X be used on other providers in Canada (it's only available through Rogers)? Can it be unlocked and used to it's full potential on say, Bell? I don't want to switch providers but I want this phone. I'm considering buying it outright but is it unlockable? Is the google now service specific to a provider or does it just need any internet connection?

anon(6085464)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
You can get the Dev edition and it should work with a band in Canada.

Google search service works on every single phone despite the place, odd question.

Hell it even works on wifi.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Steve-x

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the Rogers version will work great on Telus, Bell, Koodo, Virgin, Fido etc. They are locked but its only 8 dollars to get the unlock code. You still get updates just fine and all features of the phone work perfect. The Rogers version is approved to have the bootloader unlocked via Motorola if you decide you want that and there is no bloat software installed, no Rogers branding at all on the hardware or in the software.
No plan pricing is generally 599.99 though but I have come across a few places that would sell it for 549.99. I ended up finding a great deal on craigslist for mine, using it on Koodo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007