Frustrated and Waiting on the Nexus 5

mississippi45

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Played with the Moto X today at the ATT Store. Currently using the IPhone 4S. The X is different but kind of fun. Looking for a fun change until the IPhone 6 or 6s comes out years from now. Almost pulled the trigger on a 32g X. Funny thing is that the salesman said I really should wait for the Nexus 5. Will blow the X out of the water. Do you really think so and how long before it comes out. Salesman did not know. So ready to buy a phone NOW! What should I do?

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Played with the Moto X today at the ATT Store. Currently using the IPhone 4S. The X is different but kind of fun. Looking for a fun change until the IPhone 6 or 6s comes out years from now. Almost pulled the trigger on a 32g X. Funny thing is that the salesman said I really should wait for the Nexus 5. Will blow the X out of the water. Do you really think so and how long before it comes out. Salesman did not know. So ready to buy a phone NOW! What should I do?

I think you should return to the ATT store and this time, hold the X in your hand a little longer..Feel the comfort of the back, the smoothness of the screen as you swipe from screen to screen without hesitation. Think for a moment that the ATT salesgoon doesn't have a clue about the N5 and is trying to steer you away from what you really want NOW.
You'll enjoy the Moto X It's kinda fun...IT IS FUN...

Buy it and enjoy it now and let tomorrow take care of itself.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
On paper, phones that came out 6 months ago blow the moto x out of the water. Once you use the x you will realize it's the best designed phone (inside and out) that you've ever used. Every detail from software to physical design was well thought out.

Will the nexus 5 be amazing? Sure, but the x is perfect in almost every way.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Have you ever had an android phone?
Having asked that .Have you ever had a Nexus type phone?
If the answer to the above questions is no you might want to make sure first you would like a totally stock type android OS(vanilla).

As far as the Moto X goes its a great lil phone. I feel it is under rated but its all good anyone that owns one knows what I mean.
I know its been a perfect phone for me,one of the best "out of the box phones" I had.
Previous phone were OG HTC Incredible,Moto DX, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Samsung S3

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

No one will know for sure what the N5 will be like. All I can say is that after reading just about every review there was for the MX and user comments I was sold on this phone. I bought it outright and am not disappointed in the slightest bit. Coming from a GS3, I feel like I finally have an android phone that was manufactured by a company that has paid close attention to user experience. I'll take Android any day over iOS but the GS3 left more to be desired. THIS phone, to me, is the true iPhone killer on almost all fronts, with the exception of the camera perhaps, and even it isn't that bad. I don't know how an LG manufactured Nexus will be, but all I can say is that the Moto X gives you a high quality experience of Android. I really wish that this was my 1st Smartphone instead of the GS3.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

Lol you're going off of what a sales associate says.. They're essentially idiots...

Ask him for his android central username and then look up his posts.. Or verge account or Engadget or any tech site.

Wait he doesn't have them? any Point is invalid by him!

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

ddorbuck

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey mississippi45, I like you was a iphone 4s user until yesterday when my new 32 gig moto x arrived. I love it. Android is a little different coming from a iphone but the google now and active notifications rock on this phone. Plus I found direct replacements if not the same apps I used on the iphone for the moto x in the play store and my wife who plays all those damn wifey games like candy crush and does not have the work need for her phone like I do (Im a network admin) just ordered one today from the moto maker site after playing with mine last night for about 20 minutes. She was also a iphone 4s user until now. Moto just dropped the prince down to $99 on the moto maker site so take a look and you may find a color combo over the standard black / white that you really like.
Hope this helps a little. Cheers. Doug

oh and I was also toying with getting the nexus 5 but the 2 things that are 2 of the moto x's best features (active notifications and google now voice activation) are what swayed me to get one now and not wait.

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
....... but the 2 things that are 2 of the moto x's best features (active notifications and google now voice activation) are what swayed me to get one now and not wait.

I like those features more and more as well..Actually when I had a notification light more times then not I had it disabled.So really digging the active notifications and touchless controls

mississippi45

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Awesome comments!! I appreciate it. Will head over to the ATT store tonight or tomorrow. Need to make sure I can keep my unlimited plan (grandfathered) that I currently have. Don't want to lose that. Moto Maker site won't let me choose that. Only says I can upgrade. Customer service was no help. Hope that is not a problem. Really looking forward to trying android. Been with Apple and Iphone since the beginning. Very tired of iOS.

ddorbuck

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
mississippi45, Oh I definitely kept my unlimited ATT data plan on the new Moto X phone (as did my wife when she ordered her's this morning) when we both ordered it from the moto maker site. I selected "no change" to my data plan.

If in a store you should have no issues keeping it.

Have fun picking out a new phone!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Get the Moto X. Probably going to be better battery wise and has a few features the Nexus 5 won't have. Only thing the N5 has on the X is that it will get faster updates and probably more dev support.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
People that know android love the moto x! People that just know specs like galaxy or HTC may not know the full story on the moto x. It will take more than a week with it but then it will change how you use your phone. I had a 16GB but wanted a 32GB so I sold my moto x and my new 32GB model is arriving Monday (ordered it yesterday, Friday and already have a tracking number) I can't wait to set it up! and start saying "OK Google Now" again, having it ready when I pick it up and active notifications! The features are seriously useful!

And also an unlimited data plan user here no problems keeping it. You will have to get a Nano SIM though. And having said all of that, I will jump on the Nexus 5 too. I need my Google wallet fix! But I will not mind waiting with the Moto X in my pocket!