tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Moto-X: $599 ($199)
LG G2: $549 ($149)
HTC One: $549 ($149)
Droid Ultra: $449 ($99)
Droid Maxx: $499 ($199)

Huh??? Especially comparing Moto-X to Maxx with $100 difference!
Does this mean Moto-X might get a price reduction too at some point (full retail I mean)? I'm glad I returned my G2 which I paid $599 for at the time. I didn't think that they normally reduced both contract and full price, is this a new thing or I don't follow prices closely enough?

I might have seriously considered the Maxx at $499 if it wasn't for the size and weight being too much for me.

[I'm only concerned with retail price since I want to keep my unlimited. And sorry if people think this should have gone in the Price Cut? thread but the point was more about the comparison between the phone prices doesn't seem right - even though as some people here agree they are willing to spend more for the X anyway.]

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I guess all those prices are off the VZW website.

Looks like the lil Moto X is holding its own ,Ha

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Moto-X: $599 ($199)
LG G2: $549 ($149)
HTC One: $549 ($149)
Droid Ultra: $449 ($99)
Droid Maxx: $499 ($199)

Huh??? Especially comparing Moto-X to Maxx with $100 difference!
Does this mean Moto-X might get a price reduction too at some point (full retail I mean)? I'm glad I returned my G2 which I paid $599 for at the time. I didn't think that they normally reduced both contract and full price, is this a new thing or I don't follow prices closely enough?

I might have seriously considered the Maxx at $499 if it wasn't for the size and weight being too much for me.

[I'm only concerned with retail price since I want to keep my unlimited. And sorry if people think this should have gone in the Price Cut? thread but the point was more about the comparison between the phone prices doesn't seem right - even though as some people here agree they are willing to spend more for the X anyway.]

Verizxon has a financial interest in the Droid line. That is why you see the difference. Verizon paid buku $$$ for the Droid name and allots buku Advertisement dollars to the line so that is a device they will push. Keeping the Moto x price high benefits VZW as it encourages sales of their Droid line in comparison. Don't expect VZW to drop the moto x until other carriers do.

As for the HTC One compare its age with that of the Moto X.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
The Maxx at $499 is very tempting. I've had good luck with Motorola hardware, I don't find it too big or heavy, I like a little bigger screen and the kevlar soft touch backing. I have a Droid Razr Maxx now and would prefer to stick with the higher capacity 3000+ mAh batteries. I've played with the LG G2 in the store and am quite impressed with it as well, but not too fond of their skin. I too plan to keep unlimited data, so if I stay with VZW, the Droid Maxx and the LG G2 would be my top two choices right now. Might consider jumping ship if the Nexus 5 turns out to be a real beast.