Screen cracks due to overheating?

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
So my friend slapped the phone out of my hand the other day and I picked it up and it had nothing wrong with it...

Woke up today? And it has a nice crack from the top to bottom..

And to top that off: the device has been getting super hot lately and I've even seen some color distortion due to the overheating.

Anyone else?

sent from my MOTO X using the android central app | Adv Repair Agent-geek squad

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a moto x but I think your friend is silly for slapping a mobile out of your hand :)

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
So my friend slapped the phone out of my hand the other day and I picked it up and it had nothing wrong with it...

And to top that off: the device has been getting super hot lately and I've even seen some color distortion due to the overheating.

Anyone else?

My moto gets pretty hot. I have ss of it at 125 degrees. I've been working with two developers at moto trying to trouble shoot my stuttering issue that has been coming on. I asked them if the heat could be causing it and the one said it's possible but appears they are starting with reviewing bug files from my device.

Posted via Android Central App

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
If you've got no applicable warranty, your friend owes you a phone :)

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk 2

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah id be paying that "friend"a visit and explain what they do in a stern way.Their reply would determined what happened next

sent from Moto X

bryantest

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

Anyone else?

Now why in Peter Griffin's name would he slap the phone out of your hands? SMH

Ualrdynodo

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
My phone would get pretty warm when I got it I reformatted it and it hasn't been a problem since

Posted via Android Central App

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
She slapped it because i was doing a snapchat. Didn't realize I'd drop it.

It fell face first down. I checked and used the phone for 4-5 hours after it and there was deff no damage to the screen.

I went to bed and got up to a huge crack literally from the ear piece to the bottom softkeys left side. Its 100% noticeable and Id be able to see it last time.

I contacted ATT. This phone isn't even 2 months old. I purchased the ATT protection plan so well see what happens.

I still think its because it overheated. The day dream always started to show up purple and the phone would be uncomfortable to the touch if not burning.

1 app it'd specially burn up is ingress from Google.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I play ingress all the time on mine since I first got the phone. Its never heated up bad.
Makes me think when it got slapped out of your hand and landed something internal might have got damaged .Kinda like internal injuries ,it would from appearence to be fine but really not be
sent from Moto X

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I play ingress all the time on mine since I first got the phone. Its never heated up bad.
Makes me think when it got slapped out of your hand and landed something internal might have got damaged .Kinda like internal injuries ,it would from appearence to be fine but really not be
sent from Moto X

Overheated before the drop. Lol.

ShoelerDroid

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
The most likely situation was that there was a crack so small that you weren't able to see it. While charging later, the crack likely got worse. It is unlikely with the timing that you mention that the crack was due to overheating. It's most likely that it was caused by the drop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC