My MotoMaker Experience + Day 1 with Moto X on Verizon

bd1212

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
The orange is much darker than Moto maker's renders. Soon as I saw it in the store I knew I had to have it.

Sent via my Moto X

Oh my god, orange looks AMAZING. I think I like it even more than my Moto X with blue accents... even though I haven't received it yet lol. Might just have to send it back and get orange or red. Damn all these customization options!

bd1212

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
My Moto X just shipped and should be here tomorrow. :D

Now I have to decide whether to keep the customized option that I chose or to return it and get orange or red highlights instead of the blue. We'll see once I have my Moto X in hand and can make a final decision.

readhpr

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine (coming from a Verizon GNex) on Monday evening, and it arrived yesterday. I used the Motorola Migration app, which transferred pictures, video, call and chat history from my old phone. I got royal blue/red accents/black front. I had a moment of second thoughts after ordering, worried the royal blue would be too intense, but it's beautiful and just perfect.

I disabled VZ Navigator and some NFL app it came with. What is Backup Assistant Plus? My contacts are in my Google account and showed up as soon as I signed in. Do I need Backup Assistant Plus or is that just bloat?

Posted via Android Central App

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine (coming from a Verizon GNex) on Monday evening, and it arrived yesterday. I used the Motorola Migration app, which transferred pictures, video, call and chat history from my old phone. I got royal blue/red accents/black front. I had a moment of second thoughts after ordering, worried the royal blue would be too intense, but it's beautiful and just perfect.

I disabled VZ Navigator and some NFL app it came with. What is Backup Assistant Plus? My contacts are in my Google account and showed up as soon as I signed in. Do I need Backup Assistant Plus or is that just bloat?

If you don't intend to back up your contacts with Verizon, you can disable Backup Assistant. Since you are set up with Google you'll be good to go.

bd1212

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
If you don't intend to back up your contacts with Verizon, you can disable Backup Assistant. Since you are set up with Google you'll be good to go.

Just checked and I don't have the ability to disable backup assistant.

readhpr

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I did a Force Stop on it, and cleared the data, but cannot disable it entirely. In the "Setup Wizard" I have Sync Contacts turned off. But it doesn't let you just disable the Backup Assistant app.

Madestric

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

that's exactly the same colors i got! it looks amazing!

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Fascinating. I thought I got rid of it, too, but notice it is locked in as well. WTH?

I'm not sure if I'll bother to try and figure it out... you can seemingly disable it from the icon in the app drawer, but then there are still two listings under settings > apps that continue to run.

bd1212

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
That's Michigan for you. Not enough cell towers. Seriously. But hopeful that isn't going to keep me from getting a day's worth of battery life on my X. That would be really, really unfortunate. At the office here, I usually hover between -95 dBm and -105 dBm, likewise at home.

Anyways, I'm at 76% right now with 5.5 hours on battery. That seems a little better, though that's only with 35 minutes of screen-on. I did stream di.FM music from Flint to Lansing this morning though, about a 40-mile drive. Once again, I didn't lose 4G at all, including into East Lansing, which was VERY surprising to me, since it was like a patchwork quilt in there before with the GNex. I am SO very impressed by these radios.

Battery Screenshots:
http://i.imgur.com/OaUqgbp.png
http://i.imgur.com/FvczRny.png
http://i.imgur.com/5CYj7yg.png

How has your battery life been over the last few days? Have you seen any improvement?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Man, I got my stealth X today. I went with all black everything and I'm kind of wishing I got the blue or orange like some of you guys got. How easy is it to return it and get a different color combo?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

thiscityishell

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Active Notifications is set to show up on your screen about every minute or so. I don't think it has to go with the vibrations from the typing on your laptop going through legs.

sc4fpse

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
How has your battery life been over the last few days? Have you seen any improvement?

Well, I settled into normal use during the workday. I finished my 9.5 hour workday with 72% battery life left. This was with about an hour of screen-on time. That's still pretty good as far as I'm concerned, though it is definitely lower than others have gotten in terms of screen-on time.

Last night was bar night. From 4:45 PM until 3:30 AM with again about an hour of screen-on time, my battery dropped to around 75%. So, I'm quite happy with the phone. I was afraid my Moto X wasn't going to make it in time for last night, and I was going to have to endure my Galaxy Nexus' battery life. Thank God that was not the case.

Active Notifications is set to show up on your screen about every minute or so. I don't think it has to go with the vibrations from the typing on your laptop going through legs.

When this was happening, I did not have any notifications. The vibrations from my typing were making just the clock and the lock icon show up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz