Miracast

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed this in settings. Has anyone tried this? It appears you need a Miracast enabled device-whatever that is. Maybe something like chromecast ?

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed this in settings. Has anyone tried this? It appears you need a Miracast enabled device-whatever that is. Maybe something like chromecast ?

Mircast is separate from chromecast. You would need a Mircast enabled device and it would mirror what is in the phone to your TV.

Chromecast does the same thing but is only available for a few apps.

Sent from my Nexus 7

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

miracast is screen mirroring while Chromecast is content casting.

just like how u need chromecast you need miracast device for screen mirroring

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
miracast is screen mirroring while Chromecast is content casting.

just like how u need chromecast you need miracast device for screen mirroring

Thanks for the replies. So if you can "mirror" what is on your device, is that not miles ahead of chromecast that only works with a very limited number of apps?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. So if you can "mirror" what is on your device, is that not miles ahead of chromecast that only works with a very limited number of apps?

not really, different use case scenario.... to mirror your phone screen you have to have ur Phone screen ON all the time and it uses phones CPU and battery.

with chromecast once you cast contents you can shut it down and it will still work(wont use CPU or battery)

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

The way chromecast apps work is they control/instruct the chromecast to get the content from the source (e.g. netflix, youtube) it's not streaming or mirroring anything from the phone. It also means another person can add to the queue or take over control of the chromecast while it's being used. Different concept than miracast.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084