New Verizon Soak Test Coming???

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
So I just got an email from the Motorola Feedback Network saying there was an upcoming soak test and I filled out the survey......could this be Kit Kat already???? I have a Verizon Moto X.

PlayDLine

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Widely reported - check this forum and the AC home page.
The belief is 4.4

So I just got an email from the Motorola Feedback Network saying there was an upcoming soak test and I filled out the survey......could this be Kit Kat already???? I have a Verizon Moto X.

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Yes it is KitKat. Or so I'm told by someone that says they know

Posted via my MotoX

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
odd for verizon to get this before other carriers for once

Give them time, they will probably screw it up lol

I'm most excited about the host card emulator that should let Google Wallet tap and pay finally work. Although I'm sure Verizon is searching for any possible way to not let that happen

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
So much for the nondisclosure agreement you sign when you sign up for soak tests.

Exactly. But at the same time it gets more people to sign up for the Motorola Feedback Network. I think it's a good thing that its on the forums on sites like this vs being in Verizon's forums. As much as we may deny it, I get the feeling that Verizon is aware of the soak testing...

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one who doesn't really see anything all that exciting about KitKat? Seriously, it seems like the biggest change made is support for lower end devices. I don't think there's anything in the features set that says "wow" to me for what I already have with 4.2.2 in the X.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one who doesn't really see anything all that exciting about KitKat? Seriously, it seems like the biggest change made is support for lower end devices. I don't think there's anything in the features set that says "wow" to me for what I already have with 4.2.2 in the X.

I think people with the Moto X are excited because KitKat just came out earlier this month and Motorola said that the Moto X will be updated in a matter of weeks. There are features to KitKat that people are excited for. Myself, I like the fact that they made it so that you can use Tap & Pay with Google Wallet no matter what device you have. There is also the cloud printing that I want to try out. I also hear that the battery life will be improved as well. I already get great battery life just using this phone with LTE on all day with no Wi-Fi. I can only imagine how it will be on 4.4. Did I mention the caller ID improvements? Images of business that call you will pop up even if they are not in your contacts. I know I'm excited.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Do you honestly think Verizon isn't going to know about the testing of software that will be used with their network?

Yeah I know they know. I just wonder why Motorola wants to keep it a 'secret'...Unless they don't want the non tech people asking questions. That's the only thing I can think of...

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Exactly. But at the same time it gets more people to sign up for the Motorola Feedback Network. I think it's a good thing that its on the forums on sites like this vs being in Verizon's forums. As much as we may deny it, I get the feeling that Verizon is aware of the soak testing...

I agree, it got me to sign up for it, and I hope to receive the invite. The more people testing it, the more stable the release will be

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
soak testing is part of verizon/att software approval process pretty much, verizon and att both ask for soak test to be done and produce the results.. Its the last step is carrier approval process.

Do you honestly think Verizon isn't going to know about the testing of software that will be used with their network?

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

I don't quite see the need for the nondisclosure agreement myself - but that's not the point. Motorola has asked people who want to participate in the MFN to agree to them - if you agree to the NDA, you are breaking your word if you don't honor that. That's just not defensible in my book.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't quite see the need for the nondisclosure agreement myself - but that's not the point. Motorola has asked people who want to participate in the MFN to agree to them - if you agree to the NDA, you are breaking your word if you don't honor that. That's just not defensible in my book.

True

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Being a member of the MFN does not limit you to soak testing. You could be asked to beta test new software for your phone or even a new device, although we would never know because you would be under a NDA. I had a friend who was a beta tester for Dragon because he had a unique southern drawl & the program understood him.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke