People with the color with a case, what is your fave case? And anyone found a crystal clear tpu case

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Mah color moto is on it's way and i think i want a case, even though i plan to buy insurance. Partly because I heard it's slippery, and partly because i'm not crazy about the texture from what i've felt in stores. I found this completely clear TPU case on Amazon, **update, reviews say it's not actually crystal clear, but rather a frost. :(
Amazon.com: KAYSCASE Skin Soft Gel Cover Case for Google Motorola X Phone Moto X Phone by Google (Clear): Cell Phones & Accessories

hopefully i can find a cheaper one since it's TPU, and since if it's anything like my frosted clear TPU case, it'll yellow in no time flat. Then there's the hard plastic clear cases, i heard they scratch super easy. Although if the hard plastic clear is super cheap i don't mind changing it a few times a year. This one is so similar to the incase one and only $3.95..
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GAHCJ6U...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3242413

If you're using a case on your custom moto, which one? do you like it? recommend it?

Last edited:

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to know this, as well. I ordered the Griffin Reveal case but have heard the back scratches easily. I love TPU cases but I want a clear one to show off my MotoMaker design. Maybe I'll try that Best Buy one.

readhpr

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I got the clear Snap Case by Incase . It's a little pricey but I like it so far.

Posted via Android Central App

Ron Khan

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Yup. I'm currently using it on my white front, woven black back w/ silver accents. Looks very sharp, gives it a cool effect, kind if like its frozen in a block of a ice. Its kind if slippery but very pocketable.

Posted via Motorola Motox

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Yup. I'm currently using it on my white front, woven black back w/ silver accents. Looks very sharp, gives it a cool effect, kind if like its frozen in a block of a ice. Its kind if slippery but very pocketable.

Posted via Motorola Motox

pics pretty please?

oops, nev mind, found a pic online. cute. hmmmm..

readhpr

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
That's hard clear plastic, right? Is it the one from Motorola's site?

Yes, hard plastic. It snaps on easily. It's a little tough to pry off, but with no removable battery it's not like I'll be taking it on and off all the time. I got it along with the order for the phone, straight from Motorola.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll be posting my reviews on the Diztronic clear/frost TPU case and the Hyperion smoke, clear/frost, and red TPU cases soon.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'll be posting my reviews on the Diztronic clear/frost TPU case and the Hyperion smoke, clear/frost, and red TPU cases soon.

Cool, I've always liked Diztronic but I'm not sure how well my color back will be seen with the "frosted back". Looking forward to your writeup!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
and here's the Rocketfish clear TPU case. Just picked it up on the way home. :D. Looks good, I like it, but sooooo expensive. $25 plus tax? what the... My frosted case really didn't look so bad, so I might return this and just do the frosted.

backwithclear_zps9bc68593.jpg

(I really do have the worst camera ever)

I emailed a guy in China who sells 1,000's of frosted ones and told him that only rocketfish has clear that he should make them and he'd make a lot of money. lol.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered Barely There Clear. I'll report back. I've already tried like 3 cases. Not totally happy with either one. Hyperion TPU...ok, but it covers the power and volume buttons and it's hard to press..so ehh...Slick Shell bumper...nice but way too easy to press the power button. I found myself **** dialing etc...Anker minimilastic...I like this one the best, but I have a problem with the fact that the Moto dimple is covered by the case.

vsloo

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered Barely There Clear. I'll report back. I've already tried like 3 cases. Not totally happy with either one. Hyperion TPU...ok, but it covers the power and volume buttons and it's hard to press..so ehh...Slick Shell bumper...nice but way too easy to press the power button. I found myself **** dialing etc...Anker minimilastic...I like this one the best, but I have a problem with the fact that the Moto dimple is covered by the case.

I also don't like the fact that the anker minimalistic covers the dimple but I haven't found another thin shelled case that does reveal the dimple. Any luck there?

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I also don't like the fact that the anker minimalistic covers the dimple but I haven't found another thin shelled case that does reveal the dimple. Any luck there?

Not really. I'll see how the Barely There handles that. Couldn't quite tell from the online photos

mikephelps5

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a moto maker white back...I ordered the skin case (white) from shopandroid (bitdroid i think is whats its called) and it's perfect. $9.00. I think they sell a clear one.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Woot!

The Rocketfish crystal clear TPU case (the one shoebox mentioned and i posted a pic of) just went on sale for $14.99. :D. I just bought mine yesterday so I'll get my price adjustment next time i'm there and might even pick up another one.

Rocketfish SoftShell Case for Motorola Moto X Mobile Phones RF-MXT2C - Best Buy

Quick review, i really like it. On the BB page you'll see someone wrote a review and gave it 2 stars, that's cuz they were writing a review for something else. lol. It fits great, eliminates all the slipperyness of the smooth texture back and looks nifty, the fit is perfect. Tight and has that tiny lip that keeps that offers a little extra protection. I can't speak to how it will hold up (whether it will yellow or not like my frosted TPU from another brand did) though. it has the typical TPU case button covers that make the buttons not as easy to press.

Last edited:

vsloo

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Woot!

The Rocketfish crystal clear TPU case (the one shoebox mentioned and i posted a pic of) just went on sale for $14.99. :D. I just bought mine yesterday so I'll get my price adjustment next time i'm there and might even pick up another one.

Rocketfish SoftShell Case for Motorola Moto X Mobile Phones RF-MXT2C - Best Buy

Quick review, i really like it. On the BB page you'll see someone wrote a review and gave it 2 stars, that's cuz they were writing a review for something else. lol. It fits great, eliminates all the slipperyness of the smooth texture back and looks nifty, the fit is perfect. Tight and has that tiny lip that keeps that offers a little extra protection. I can't speak to how it will hold up (whether it will yellow or not like my frosted TPU from another brand did) though. it has the typical TPU case button covers that make the buttons not as easy to press.

I always feel like these see-through cases will eventually become a demonstration of how much lint is your pocket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool