vcard with Moto X

Wired29

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Moto X a few days ago. So far I love it but ran into one weird thing. I can't receive or send vcards via text. Not a deal breaker but just wondered if this is a limitation or did I miss something in settings?

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Funny enough, last week was the first time I've run into the Vcard problem, I can't remember the last time someone tried to send me one. Came from an iphone and was sent to both my fiance and I. It showed up on her LG Lucid, but even though it came in as an MMS, there was no data. Do a quick google search, I think there are a few apps you can download that will give you the functionality. As far as I know, the X won't do it on it's own, they have to be through email.

Chase Lilly

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Funny enough, last week was the first time I've run into the Vcard problem, I can't remember the last time someone tried to send me one. Came from an iphone and was sent to both my fiance and I. It showed up on her LG Lucid, but even though it came in as an MMS, there was no data. Do a quick google search, I think there are a few apps you can download that will give you the functionality. As far as I know, the X won't do it on it's own, they have to be through email.

Did you turn off imessage on your iPhone before you switched over?
My friend didn’t when she got her HTC mini and she was unable to receive most text or any group text. Turns out it was going to imessage and not going out to her phone. It fix this you have to sign on to your icloud account and unregister your old iPhone. Unless you still have it then you can just pop your sim in and turn off imessage.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I think he meant the vcard was sent to him from an iPhone.
While vanilla Android has grown and matured by leaps and bounds in the last three years there is functionality that is added in by either manufacturers custom UIs or by installing an app. It might be an inconvenience to install the app vs having it baked into OS but I'm enjoying vanilla for the first time.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12