"Share" option broken?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I use the "Share" button in Chrome all the time to save articles to Pocket or to send the page to Twitter or Facebook or Gmail etc but all of a sudden, when I press the button it automatically sends me to Gmail.

Have any of you seen this? Why can't I share a website to anywhere I want since updating to Kit Kat?

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I use the "Share" button in Chrome all the time to save articles to Pocket or to send the page to Twitter or Facebook or Gmail etc but all of a sudden, when I press the button it automatically sends me to Gmail.

Have any of you seen this? Why can't I share a website to anywhere I want since updating to Kit Kat?

It may be your apps aren't caught up yo 4.4 yet.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
All of them? Lol I should at least be able to choose between Gmail and, say, Hangouts since they're both Google apps!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Good point on Hangouts, but probably true for Twitter, etc...

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 5 shows share options in both chrome and chrome beta. Maybe your carrier/Moto borked the feature on the update.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Check that you or the update didn't accidentally set it to always use Gmail. (App defaults)

H2o

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Try clearing the data and uninstalling /reinstalling the app. I had to do that with the Google+ app so I could start using the awesome movie feature

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Try clearing the data and uninstalling /reinstalling the app. I had to do that with the Google+ app so I could start using the awesome movie feature

It's not just Chrome, Falcon Pro shared directly to the Gmail app too without bringing up the Sharing menu.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
When on chrome browser and I tag the share button a whole list pops up to choose from .Its not a feature I really use .
I guess you already cleaned the browser caches

sent from Moto X

fritzo81

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
just noticed my share options are going straigt to the clipboard. everytime i hit the button, it shares it to the clipboard without giving me the list of other options. anyway of fixing this, besides a hard-reset of course?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
just noticed my share options are going straigt to the clipboard. everytime i hit the button, it shares it to the clipboard without giving me the list of other options. anyway of fixing this, besides a hard-reset of course?

Mine now goes straight to Drive. I had used an app earlier today and it had me share to Drive. Now that's the default. So weird.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

Did you factory reset after update?

fritzo81

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I think I found the solution: Go to settings, Apps, click the top right settings button, then "Reset app preferences", then "Reset apps". This should clear all the app defaults, but will also re-enable all your disabled apps. Worked for me. Good luck.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I think I found the solution: Go to settings, Apps, click the top right settings button, then "Reset app preferences", then "Reset apps". This should clear all the app defaults, but will also re-enable all your disabled apps. Worked for me. Good luck.

Great, I'll give that a try.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

Yes! That worked...thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4