Surprised with this poll result

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Poll the general population rather than nerds on tech blogs ;)

My guess for top 10 as daily driver is: iPhone 4s > iPhone 5 > Galaxy S4 > Galaxy S3 > iPhone 5s > iphone 5c > HTC One > Moto X > Nexus 4 > Droid Maxx

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
What I've noticed lately is that people of several different OEM followings have devices that are increasingly worth of their adoration... if that's a real concept. HTC One fans bought it, love it and they got a great device. Same with the Moto X, the G2, Note 3, etc. Every device has something that someone will complain about, but for the most part it's been a great year for consumers.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

My guess for top 10 as daily driver is: iPhone 4s > iPhone 5 > Galaxy S4 > Galaxy S3 > iPhone 5s > iphone 5c > HTC One > Moto X > Nexus 4 > Droid Maxx

+1. I still have seen very few Moto X's in the wild. Lots of iPhone, Galaxy S3, S4 and surprising Note 2 and 3's. Seeing more and more Windows phones. I think the WP will have a good 2014 as they can now support 1080p screens and 1 GB RAM.

DefectiveWeeble

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, the moto x should just be 15%. Because honestly, the people that bought the Maxx/Ultra/Mini really just bought a variant of the moto x lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I disagree. We all know that the iPhone, the S3, and the S4 would sit atop that poll. Polling tech blogs gives you a different sort of number. The audience of a tech blog is going to be a barometer of where things may be heading, not where they are currently. What this poll shows is that HTC is likely in for even tougher times ahead. Despite releasing an excellent phone (which I had purchased), more "techy" have gone for the Moto X, despite its being released later. These people are, in turn, likely to recommend it to others. I see Motorola having a very good 2014 and HTC releasing another excellent device that won't sell the number of units it should.

I'm willing to bet the iPhone 5 has passed the 4s. The 4s has been out two years, so a portion of its audience will have migrated to the 5s and/or 5c. Meanwhile, the 5 has only been out a year so has likely seen much, much less migration this year.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone that calls TouchWiz or Sense (or LG's or Sony's "skins") bloat must have a "stock" Android phone, else they're just whining for the sake of whining.

The Nexus 4 and 5 along with the Moto X, DROID MINI, DROID ULTRA, DROID MAXX (heck even the previous DROID RAZR HD, DROID RAZR MAXX HD, and DROID RAZR M are near "stock", plus the ICS and JB builds for the DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, DROID RAZR MAXX, and DROID 4) give a "stock" experience. These are the phones that those people should have.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Factoring in people that have not yet upgraded because they're still in contract, I'd throw phones like the original DROID RAZR/DROID RAZR MAXX in the top ten even if limited to one carrier in the world - probably ahead of the HTC One and Moto X.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Droidlife posted this poll "What is Your Current Phone?" http://www.droid-life.com/2013/11/26/tuesday-poll-what-is-your-current-phone/

and i am surprised to see moto x on second spot. I know S4 sold lot more phones than X but it looks like the Android community is embracing the moto X.

KitKat and price drop did help the Moto X
There are like 5 around 2,000 now. No way there are more people with a Galaxy Nexus then there are with an S4 yet it has 30 more votes in the poll. Very inaccurate representation of the total population :p

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
This seems very off; not even representative of the tech geek population; for example, the GNex has more than double the N4's number and also more than the GS4.

Also, as a side note, I'm not sure if this is just me noticing it more or something, but I've seen more N4s in the wild than any other Android phone but the GS3 and GS4. Yes, even more than the One and Note 2.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This seems very off; not even representative of the tech geek population; for example, the GNex has more than double the N4's number and also more than the GS4.

Also, as a side note, I'm not sure if this is just me noticing it more or something, but I've seen more N4s in the wild than any other Android phone but the GS3 and GS4. Yes, even more than the One and Note 2.

Get a Moto X. You'll stop noticing everyone's phones.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37