Where do updates come from for the different versions (AT&T, TMO, Dev Ed.)?

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find it. Who is responsible for updating the software? Do the updates come straight from Motorolla/Google or do they come from the carrier?

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
They come from the sky. The update God's send them to us. Lmao, sorry I just had to. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Actually all updates are developed and tested by Motorola. The carriers approve the updates for their respective devices.

Posted via Android Central App

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Is TMO actually involved in any way for their version? There is no branding (right?) and no bloat on the TMO version, so it is almost like Moto just threw it out there for them so they wouldn't be left out. This makes me wonder if the updates will come straight from Moto instead of having any involvement from TMO.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Is TMO actually involved in any way for their version? There is no branding (right?) and no bloat on the TMO version, so it is almost like Moto just threw it out there for them so they wouldn't be left out. This makes me wonder if the updates will come straight from Moto instead of having any involvement from TMO.

Carriers can add bloat because they must test them and then push them. The Moto X has very little bloat, I am ATT. Not to sure about the TMO version. As was said above, Moto prepares the new code, gives it to the carriers to test and then push to phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar