What screen protector are you using?

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
If so what kind? I'd like to put one on after I reorder my new phone but my concern is active notification and losing touch screen sensitivity.

Posted via Android Central App

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the one from the Verizon store. I hardly ever notice it and sensitivity is not lost much at all. The two finger pull down to get to quick settings sometimes misbehaves and I do admit the feeling of the glass on your finger is a little smoother but I like having it to keep the screen clean

-Moto X-

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If so what kind? I'd like to put one on after I reorder my new phone but my concern is active notification and losing touch screen sensitivity.

I've used a lot of brands on many different phones. I only use bodyguardz or zagg with bodyguardz being my first choice.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I bought the zag ones but they didn't fit the phone correctly, was to small on the sides, been **** naked ever since

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
It's all fun and games running around but naked until you drop your phone and get a scratch on the screen

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

sh0ebox

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Using the "brilliant" screen protector by Power Support from the Motorola website. Excellent screen protector. Highly recommended if you are looking for one that doesn't change the look or feel of the original screen.

Posted from my Moto X

ShoelerDroid

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the natural plant-based cotton pocket in my jeans.

Seriously though, I have the Moto protection plan and I only put my X in my left jeans pocket - nothing else ever goes there.

Of course I hate cases too - hence the protection plan.

yoshi351

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the zagg non HD version. This covers the whole screen not like that annoying case friendly screen protector. $15

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I recommend NOT getting the screen protectors by BoxWave. I just got a set in today and they're going back. The cutouts for the earpiece, camera and mic are misaligned. If you line up the mic, the earpiece is covered and the camera is partially covered. If you line up the earpiece and camera, the mic is covered. See my customer image uploaded to Amazon.

It's possible this was just a bad production run somehow, but given that the BoxWave screen protector for my Galaxy Nexus had about a 1/16" gap between the edge of the screen protector and the edge of the screen, I think it's more likely that their products are just poorly made. Strangely, the material they use seems very good. I used on of my unused Galaxy Nexus screen protectors temporarily on a Nexus 5 and I love the feel of it - it's like it's not even there. I just don't understand how companies can make and sell products like this that just don't fit - it's not like they can't get their hands on a Moto X and see for themselves that it doesn't fit.

I just ordered the non-glare Power Support screen protectors on Motorola's site. Hopefully these will be a better fit, and equally good material.

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I use the skinomi tech screen protector. Little of the orange peel effect. And they provide free lifetime replacement. No shipping charges.

slg1906

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the one from the Verizon store. I hardly ever notice it and sensitivity is not lost much at all. The two finger pull down to get to quick settings sometimes misbehaves and I do admit the feeling of the glass on your finger is a little smoother but I like having it to keep the screen clean

-Moto X-

I use the one from the VZW store. No problem what so ever. I'm OCD so scratches and scuffs ruin a phone for me.

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

Cyder

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the phone that came on the phone out of the box. As long as you don't mind the little white tab in the bottom left corner, its working quite well. Haha

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I bought one of the ones direct from Motorola and they are awesome. The only other ones I would recommend as a Zagg InvisibleShield

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The Power Support non-glare screen protectors I ordered (from Motorola) arrived today (well, I went to FedEx to pick them up rather than wait for Monday delivery). I have to say that these are the best screen protectors I've ever used - as close to smooth-as-glass as I can imagine, perfect fit, and easily applied with no bubbles or dust. I was a little worried when I saw that they didn't have a layer to be removed on BOTH sides of the film, but it worked out very well in the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC