Cyber Monday Order Process

slcmomof3

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The site isn't down because I was able to order a case for the moto x and a Chromecast while I was there just wanted to try out the Motorola account to be certain I can use it to purchase the moto x when it comes back.

frank33v

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
New Message:

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't that the issue? Or was there something released indicating that something else is going on?

No, nothing else was release that I am aware of. I just don't buy it. I am sure it is hampering them from fixing things quickly, but the fact that the site was up after 8am CST (for more than an hour?) with the wrong pricing was not due to traffic.

PS: Sorry about the implied profanity in my previous post.

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
No, nothing else was release that I am aware of. I just don't buy it. I am sure it is hampering them from fixing things quickly, but the fact that the site was up after 8am CST (for more than an hour?) with the wrong pricing was not due to traffic.

Correct, someone simply forgot to change the price in their database.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

seriously. I thought the nexus 4 launch was bad a few years ago. This is easily the worst launch I have been a part of....2 hours later and nothing. It is just a price change...how hard is that! They should have outsourced this job to amazon.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

PS: Sorry about the implied profanity in my last post.

I am pretty sure that you're correct that more went wrong than just the traffic, but I also suspect there were quite a bit more clicks and refreshes than they were anticipating... which is so weird. It's like they thought no one knew about it. At this point Google (and thus Moto) needs to realize that a lot of people are interested in these devices.

PS: No worries mate, I get that it's frustrating. I'm trying to buy one my wife built a week or two ago :)

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Holy cramps it's live live I just got my DroidX for $49.99 what a deal.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
The text from the latest tweet from Motorola:

"We’re currently restoring online services. Some may have site-access, but Cyber Monday deal prices won’t begin until all systems are a go."

Briredsoxs

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I was on the site yesterday morning and they were having issues then also. You could view and design the moto x but it was not available for purchase. Sometime late morning it seemed to be back up.

thevacantsoul

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
The text from the latest tweet from Motorola:

"We’re currently restoring online services. Some may have site-access, but Cyber Monday deal prices won’t begin until all systems are a go."

I just don't know why this is so hard for Motorola/Google...Apple sucks at cloud/web services and have to sell millions more and they can handle this better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance