Moto Maker questions

mattjopete

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I am going to attempt to order a Moto X for my wife tomorrow she likes the Cabernet back, black front, and orange highlights. How well will the colors hold up? I've read a few places about colors wearing off in corners (Phil's yellow one for example) and that the sides can get really scratched. I just want to make sure that she will like her choice a few months from now.

I'm really hoping she likes the device as she likes my Nexus 5 quite a bit but she (and I) thinks the active notifications are really cool. She's coming from an Evo 4g LTE and has had a ton of bugs since the update to Jelly Bean. From what I can tell, Motorola really didn't do much to change stock Android but how does the Motorola implementation differ from stock other than Active Display, Touchless Control and camera?

If there is anything else you want to mention comparing the Nexus to the X that would be great too as those were really the two phones she was considering.

stameyryan

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Everything I noticed has been changed for the better and doesn't feel like a gimmick (samsung) color wise from what I have seen cabernet holds up and I had the orange bezels and keys and loved them. I work for the factory so I have seen all of the colors..

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

RaiderX29

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Everything I noticed has been changed for the better and doesn't feel like a gimmick (samsung) color wise from what I have seen cabernet holds up and I had the orange bezels and keys and loved them. I work for the factory so I have seen all of the colors..

So what color is yours?

stameyryan

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I started with the royal blue and orange accents and just the other day switched to Rosewood with blue key accents. Of course the wood isn't available yet which is why I switched it.

mattjopete

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Do you think the Cabernet with the orange accents will look good? I haven't been able to find any good pictures online of the setup, and only a couple of Cabernet in general.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I am going to attempt to order a Moto X for my wife tomorrow she likes the Cabernet back, black front, and orange highlights.

I'm going to (try to) get one for my wife tomorrow as well. She's decided on Cabernet back, white front, and silver accent. I hope the Cabernet holds up well! I haven't heard or read any negative reports yet.

mattjopete

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
The only bad things I've heard is about Phil's yellow one and a Navy one was all scratched up. I haven't heard a thing about Cabernet other than what stameyryan said above

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The only bad things I've heard is about Phil's yellow one and a Navy one was all scratched up. I haven't heard a thing about Cabernet other than what stameyryan said above

phil is nasty about maintaing phones and a careless person.

apart from him I haven't heard of any complains with the color

stameyryan

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Wood backs from the rumor I heard and I stress just a rumor was that they are delayed due to some conservation groups protesting

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Wood backs from the rumor I heard and I stress just a rumor was that they are delayed due to some conservation groups protesting

Lol dont tell me that. So all my guns got banned here in MD now the hippies wont even let me have a damn phone?? This country is turning to ****. I guess the freaks dont use friggin paper or have wood trim in their houses. Now you got me mad ha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Lol dont tell me that. So all my guns got banned here in MD now the hippies wont even let me have a damn phone?? This country is turning to ****. I guess the freaks dont use friggin paper or have wood trim in their houses. Now you got me mad ha

Do you remember the joke from years ago about wiping with a spotted owl? :confused:

stameyryan

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
It is completely unconfirmed but it came directly to me from senior management and my particular job requires this kind of knowledge.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Phil's Moto X is a preproduction unit. It quite possibly could have a painted back. My understanding is that the backs are the color you choose all the way through. They aren't painted, rather molded from that color plastic. My Navy back has been fine so far. That doesn't say much since I've only had mine for 3 weeks, but dragging it in and out of my jeans all day doesn't seem to do anything to the color on the edges. It does need to be wiped down though with my greasy fingers. ;)

I wouldn't take the experiences with a preproduction unit as being indicative of how production hardware will be. As far as the trim colors go, I think they'll hold up just like any other piece of painted metal. Rough fingernails will probably flake paint with time but will probably be fine using the meat of your finger.

I've owned lots of different devices from Blackberries to iPhones to Samsung and Motorola Android devices to even a Windows Surface (build quality on the Surface is pretty outstanding too). The MotoX has absolutely solid build quality. I'm impressed. It's heavy in the hand but the soft touch and the dimple in the back make it easy to grip. I'm not an iPhone fan at all, but I will admit that the 4, 4s, 5 all have awesome build quality and feel. I prefer the feel of the MotoX. It's easily the nicest feeling device I have ever owned.

The only thing I question is the Motorola Logo inside the dimple. My pointer finger finds itself fondling that thing a lot and I don't see how that sucker won't end up flaking off eventually! ;)

Posted via Android Central App

bryantest

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Question. The colored accents for the power and volume buttons. Are those something you wearing/chipped off over time? Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463