Motorola Return Policy

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
This is from another thread but it will get buried shortly since that thread is about shipping times:

motorola said:
RETURNS

Physical products can be returned for a refund within 30 days valid for phones, Motorola branded accessories and 3rd party accessories if they’re unopened and undamaged. If you purchase a Moto G from Motorola, you have 14 days from date of delivery to return it. California residents have up to 30 days to return their Moto G. Follow the instructions in the box, or call us at 1-800-734-5870 and let us know you’re returning something.

Moto G Remorse Policy - 100% refund for undamaged phones up to 14 days from date of delivery. Residents in the state of California have up to 30 days from date of delivery to return the device.

For Moto X devices designed with Moto Maker: Let’s say you do all of your designing, get your Moto X, and then decide you have a different favorite color. You can re-design once if you return the first one within 14 days of date of delivery (30 days in California), no questions asked.

You pay the shipping for the return, and you’ll be credited for the price of the product but not for the shipping you paid to receive it. And we are not charging for shipping your Moto Maker devices.

http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers/about-motorola-us/About_Motorola-Legal-Terms_of_Sale/About_Motorola-Legal-Terms_of_Sale.html

So it seems to me the Dev Eds should have a 30 day return period as should any Moto X not made with moto maker.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Motorola return policy should be the same for a dev edition and retail. You should be fine. :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Motorola return policy should be the same for a dev edition and retail. You should be fine. :)
yeah, that is what it says but the customer service reps said 14 days for me. Looks like they are wrong. I will double check by phone and by chat.

Not planning on returning unless something drastically changes with the phone.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I may return mine. The camera ruins an otherwise great phone.
Just curious, what phone would you get? I currently have the GNote 3 and all I can say about that is that the phone on the GNote 3 ruins an otherwise good camera, lol!

The GNote 3 call quality is not as good as the Moto X and touchwiz slows it down; the Moto X is definitely snappier. The GNote 3 has a fantastic screen if you want something that big. I do like it, but it is not a great phone, whereas the Moto X is.

I need a phone to be a good phone but I realize that not everyone talks on the phone as much as I do. Many just use their phones to text, stream music/video, facebook and otherwise surf the internet.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm coming from the Iphone 5s, camerawise it blows the X out of the water.
No doubt about it the iPhone 5s has a better camera. But it is locked down so tight that you can't even jailbreak it yet.

If camera is what attracts you to a phone, you should never buy a motorola phone as they are known for having not great cameras.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Did you think it wouldn't? Did anybody who bought a moto x think it would have a better camera than a 5S?
I know, if you read any reviews at all you know it does not have a great camera compared to the iPhone, in fact, no motorola phone has a camera that can compete with an iPhone camera.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
That's just the "buyer's remorse" return policy. It also has a one year warranty.
yeah, I know, but if a phone craps out in the first 30 days, you know it is a lemon and better to just start fresh with a new phone. Although since I got mine during the sale, that would be $150 more expensive.

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't aware that it was 30 days in California. I've had mine for 24 hours and the only grounds for return I can come up with is the lack of LED. I missed that in my research. I keep my notifications all on mute, so that's going to be an adjustment. I'm sure given a little time I'll get used to it. It's nice to know I have an option if it doesn't work out for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine for 24 hours and the only grounds for return I can come up with is the lack of LED. I missed that in my research. I keep my notifications all on mute, so that's going to be an adjustment. I'm sure given a little time I'll get used to it. It's nice to know I have an option if it doesn't work out for me.
But doesn't active notifications make up for that?

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Unless I misunderstand how active notifications work, the screen will show the notification as it comes in and then it goes dark. Unless I'm looking at it I'll miss the notification until I pick the phone up. Is that correct?

redeyss

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Think it "breathes" the notification off and on similar to the blinking of the led light. Somebody correct me of I'm wrong please.

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Unless I misunderstand how active notifications work, the screen will show the notification as it comes in and then it goes dark. Unless I'm looking at it I'll miss the notification until I pick the phone up. Is that correct?
it keeps doing that - shows it and then goes dark and then shows it and then goes dark. But you have to have that box checked in settings. It should be checked by default. Also the default for notifications is to sleep at night from 11pm to 6am.

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
it keeps doing that - shows it and then goes dark and then shows it and then goes dark. But you have to have that box checked in settings. It should be checked by default. Also the default for notifications is to sleep at night from 11pm to 6am.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll look for the settings.

pstmstr

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
So how do you return the Moto X to Motorola. I've searched the site over and would like to avoid calling their stellar customer service line.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This is from another thread but it will get buried shortly since that thread is about shipping times:

http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers/about-motorola-us/About_Motorola-Legal-Terms_of_Sale/About_Motorola-Legal-Terms_of_Sale.html

So it seems to me the Dev Eds should have a 30 day return period as should any Moto X not made with moto maker.

Unless you are in CA, it is 14 days if you've opened the box. 30 days is only unopened/unused (again, unless you're in CA). And you have to ship it (accepted by fedex) by the 14th day. So you have to call, get the authorization, get the email with shipping label, and get to the fedex store before the last pickup of day 14.

I know this because I had to scramble to find a late pickup store when I returned mine on the 14th day. There was about a 2 hour delay from calling and getting authorization till I got the emailed shipping label. Customer service was very clear about making it into the shipping cycle, not just in the store.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Unless you are in CA, it is 14 days if you've opened the box. 30 days is only unopened/unused (again, unless you're in CA). And you have to ship it (accepted by fedex) by the 14th day. So you have to call, get the authorization, get the email with shipping label, and get to the fedex store before the last pickup of day 14.
I believe you. It is an unclear written policy then. So far no problems with my Moto X so no plans to return for me!