Motorola - Worst Customer "Care" EVER

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
The BBB is a joke. They will take any joker at his word. Plus you have to keep in mind with the sheer volume they are putting out, you're bound to have this. Furthermore many of this could be before the switch of ownership by Google. Not to rain on OP's parade but this has been about the best customer service I've experienced ever!! Replaced 3 phones for me for very slight flaws that wouldn't bother most but I'm anal about my phones. They gave my zippy problems. I own a small business and I'm going to start a BBB type site for businesses on maniac customers.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The BBB is a joke. They will take any joker at his word. Plus you have to keep in mind with the sheer volume they are putting out, you're bound to have this. Furthermore many of this could be before the switch of ownership by Google. Not to rain on OP's parade but this has been about the best customer service I've experienced ever!! Replaced 3 phones for me for very slight flaws that wouldn't bother most but I'm anal about my phones. They gave my zippy problems. I own a small business and I'm going to start a BBB type site for businesses on maniac customers.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Would you be considered a "maniac customer" for sending phones back for minor flaws? Because some of us are actually trying to get phones that function. The irony...

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Motorola - Worst Customer "Care" EVER

An update to this hot mess of a company's customer service issues:

I still haven't received my $600 refund for my Advanced Placement order, even though I was told I'd received it within 24 hours of their getting the phone back (it's been 3 weeks since they did). I've had to email back/forth with a supervisor. Today she emails that for "unknown reasons" they refunded my account yesterday at 1/3 of the $600 but she's requested they refund the remaining balance of $430, which will take another 3-5 business days - making it a FULL MONTH of not getting my refund.

Worst company. WORST.

A full month = worst? Nah...my Sirius/XM refund took two months. With a similar broke-in-two-parts issue that you are having. Then they canceled the refund for those same "unknown reasons" and finally sent a check that took forever to get here after I complained. You've still got a month to go to match that horrible company!

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Would you be considered a "maniac customer" for sending phones back for minor flaws? Because some of us are actually trying to get phones that function. The irony...

:Ha! ! No I had a phone that rattled like a baby toy and then had hardware allignment issues. Dont think this is unreasonable and Motorola didnt either. But i suppose Motorola does find some customers to be unreasonable. Good luck to you.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

zobog

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I am just wondering. What was the problem with your HTC and Samsung products that you needed to call customer support for them?

*popcorn

Posted via Android Central App

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I've spent the past 7 days being lied to by Motorola. They tell me my replacement phone has been built, then they say they'll expedite it. When I don't receive the phone, they say it's being built - again. I paid $600 for advanced replacement because my initial order has been defective. They promised that if I buy the advanced replacement phone a week ago, I'd get the phone this week, but it's all lies. Supervisor after supervisor says they'll "call" me or promise me the phone by the end of the week, or a tracking number, and nothing is forthcoming. Then when I contact them another way (online support chat) they tell me the phone hasn't even been built yet! So I asked to cancel the order, and they say they can't refund my money because the phone is being built...again. It's a complete joke!

I can't be the only one having this issue.

WORST COMPANY EVER.

After my nightmare problems with my Photon, I don't know why I even bothered with them - except Sprint has a limited number of phones that aren't crappy, so this was my only option and it's turned out pretty lame.

Hate this company!

ETA: Spoke with the corporate office and they're like, "too bad, so sad, you're SOL" - in more polite terms, but basically, that's the short version of it.

Absolutely positively totally agree. Motorolla drove me out because they are sooooo freaking bad. They make great products but the company is just so bad about customer service that I had to bail. Moto has always been the worst with customer care and that will never change. Too bad because these guys could be huge.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
You can be innovative and have bad cs at the same time.

That is certainly true. However, all things considered, I don't see how this one person's experience is a reason to discourage others from having a phone that deserves every accolade ('phone of the year') it has received. Motorola-Google are taking smartphones in the right direction, IMHO. If those 2 people listen to Holly, it'll be their loss.

Sad.

Besides, the "go on the Internet and complain" sort of posts rarely help anyone else. I've done the same in the past -- waste of time.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That is certainly true. However, all things considered, I don't see how this one person's experience is a reason to discourage others from having a phone that deserves every accolade ('phone of the year') it has received. Motorola-Google are taking smartphones in the right direction, IMHO. If those 2 people listen to Holly, it'll be their loss.

Sad.

Besides, the "go on the Internet and complain" sort of posts rarely help anyone else. I've done the same in the past -- waste of time.

I agree , there are more post of people having issues with their phones then they are with people not having issues.
I have been lucky for the fact that every android phone I owned I have never gotten a lemon.I never had to have one replaced
As we all know there will be some lemons for every phone made or any phone that will be made are going to make it into the hands of people.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I've spent the past 7 days being lied to by Motorola. They tell me my replacement phone has been built, then they say they'll expedite it. When I don't receive the phone, they say it's being built - again. I paid $600 for advanced replacement because my initial order has been defective. They promised that if I buy the advanced replacement phone a week ago, I'd get the phone this week, but it's all lies. Supervisor after supervisor says they'll "call" me or promise me the phone by the end of the week, or a tracking number, and nothing is forthcoming. Then when I contact them another way (online support chat) they tell me the phone hasn't even been built yet! So I asked to cancel the order, and they say they can't refund my money because the phone is being built...again. It's a complete joke!

I can't be the only one having this issue.

WORST COMPANY EVER.

After my nightmare problems with my Photon, I don't know why I even bothered with them - except Sprint has a limited number of phones that aren't crappy, so this was my only option and it's turned out pretty lame.

Hate this company!

ETA: Spoke with the corporate office and they're like, "too bad, so sad, you're SOL" - in more polite terms, but basically, that's the short version of it.

That sucks, and I understand your anger. But my experience has been much better.

I also got a lemon. After 3 chat sessions and a few phone calls, they agreed to replace it. They sent me a motomaker code, and a FedEx shipping label via email within a day or two. I used the code to order a new phone. They didn't ask me for any money up front.

They wouldn't let me correct my address (missing zip code, otherwise okay) and that's probably why the FedEx overnight shipment took 3 days, but one phone call later and the phone arrived. I am typing on it now, and it seems okay. It did randomly reboot once, when I plugged it in, but that's it, and that is within the level of glitchiness I am willing to accept, especially since this phone boots really fast.

I plan to mail the first phone back tomorrow, and I hope they register it as having been received. But FedEx tracks shipments, so I should be okay.

Customer support has been slow, and I often get sent to the wrong department and have to be transferred. I wouldn't call this the best customer service interaction I've even had. But it's fine.

I wish you the best of luck. I think your best tack is to assume incompetence rather than malice, and be patient and polite and let them know that you have ample reasons to be frustrated and annoyed, but you realize that this person you are talking to right now is not the cause of your problems, but a potential solution.

Again, good luck.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I must say, their phone and email systems suck. Every time I call I end up talking to the wrong people and need to be transferred and wait on hold again. Today I mailed the first phone back. FedEx was great. I decided to reply to that note they sent me that said "please reply to the email with your new order number so we can expedite it" and give them the FedEx tracking number. So I did, and got a reply saying "this mailbox doesn't accept replies. If you need to email us, click this link". So I clicked the link and got "404 page not found" error.

Seriously?

Anyhow, I have the tracking number, and all the other required numbers, and I expect it will all work out.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I too got a lemon and experienced excellent customer service from Motorola. Of course I was polite, nice and reasonable. If you received poor customer service, you might try my approach next time.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Reviving this thread to reiterate how Motorola's CSR sucks lemons. The customized backing of the Moto X that I received last December suddenly decided to crack, for NO reason. I take such excellent care of this phone! I've never had this happen with ANY phone before. Crappy built, so much for "made in the USA".

So I contacted them and they said since it was still under warranty, I could order another phone for free. That was 9 days ago and I should have had my order in hand by now. But nope, they have no idea where the order is, it's "stuck" somewhere and the phone hasn't even been built yet. And guess what? Had I not contacted them to follow up, I'd be sitting here waiting for a phone that was never even MADE.

I've spent 6+ hours on the phone with various departments who promise to follow up and then don't, I still have no phone, and I will NEVER do business with this company again. Their product is sub-par, their CSR HORRIBLE, and it's no wonder their company was sold.

Worse company EVER. Avoid, avoid, avoid!!!

cadguy59

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
My experience with them has been exactly the opposite. They replaced my phone post hast.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Wlctttrue

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I had great customer service when I replaced my phone. I received the new phone within a week. I am sorry your experience was bad.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
My experience with customer service hasn't changed one bit since my last interaction with this company in December. After much time wasted with various CSR's, I finally got a number for the Executive Offices. They informed me the order has somehow been misplaced at this point and had me re-order it. Had I just waited some more to get the first order, it would never have arrived and Motorola was none the wiser for it. We'll see if I ever get the 2nd order, but having the same poor experience with them several times in a span of 7 months tells me good experiences are the unique instances. Just....no. Don't recommend this company at all.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I too got a lemon and experienced excellent customer service from Motorola. Of course I was polite, nice and reasonable. If you received poor customer service, you might try my approach next time.

I had a great experience with Motorola Customer service too.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781