SwiftKey reverting back to Google keyboard

flydi379

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the SwiftKey app several weeks ago and is been working just fine. All of a sudden today I find my phone reverting back to the Google keyboard for no reason. I've been going into the settings and switching SwiftKey back but it keeps happening. Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted via Android Central App

CutlaSS

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
That happened to me when I updated Swiftkey the other day. It defaulted back to the google keyboard. It wouldn't stay on swiftkey either until I had the keyboard open in a text input box and pulled down the notification bar and selected "choose input method" and selected Swiftkey.

Hope it works for you.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
So I'm not the only person this is happening to. Sorry, but I don't have anything else helpful to contribute. :-\ I've already done what CutlaSS suggested, and so far it seems to be working. We'll see if it sticks...

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
The last couple of updates to Swiftkey seems to "break" its association as the default keyboard, which requires us to reassign it as such. A little disappointing since this has not happened before for me.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the SwiftKey app several weeks ago and is been working just fine. All of a sudden today I find my phone reverting back to the Google keyboard for no reason. I've been going into the settings and switching SwiftKey back but it keeps happening. Anyone else experiencing this?

It's not just a Moto X thing. It also happens on my Nexus 7 and Nexus 10. It's real annoying!

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
It keeps happening because Swiftkey has pushed out updates each of the last few days. Happens on both my Nexus 7 and Moto X. After updating Swiftkey I have to turn it back on as the default keyboard.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I believe this is a known issue with 4.4. I remember the dev talking about it on a podcast i heard recently.

I've been out of the Android game for nearly a year now. However, my Galaxy Nexus with 4.1 and 4.2 exhibited this same behavior with swiftkey. So I wasn't surprised to find it still doing it now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude