Moto X - just ordered using the Today Show promo code

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I decided to take the plunge tonight since I got the code last week and I applied for the Motorola credit card so I can pay it off with no interest,. I am actually pretty excited about this phone as I have been looking for something smaller than my Note 2 to use when I go out to dinner, dancing, concerts, etc... I love my Note 2 and use it a lot for work realted tasks each day and the big screen makes that easy for me so that I don't have to carry a tablet or laptop.

I still have my HTC One X, which was my second Android phone, and I thought about using it as my second phone but I kept looking at the Moto X each tiime I went to Best Buy the past few weeks and just really liked the way it felt in my hand, the size was pretty much what I wanted, I like the fact that it is made in my home state of Texas and it just seemed like a really great phone. So I should have mine on Dec 31, just in time to celebrate the New Year.

I have been reading all of the reviews and comparisons, going through this forum, and playing around with it in Best Buy, sometimes stopping by there just to check it out yet again, so I just decided that I would go for it, The $150 off and interest free financing made it too easy.

I got the 16GB woven black, black, metallic silver because I like a stealthy phone and didn't want a lot of colors but it is cool that you have all of the options and the wood is going to be really nice. I don't keep a lot of music on my phone and I back up pictures and videos ever week and only keep on there what I know I want to show off quickly so I didn't feel like I needed the 32GB, especially since this will be a second phone. Although I am sure I will use it as a daily driver for a few days or more when I first get it.

Anyway, I look forward to being a part of this community in its early stages and will keep reading through the new posts until I get mine.

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I am excited about getting it. Stopped at Best Buy again this morning to play around with it some more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations you are going to love this phone. It's a really fresh approach and for me it works very well

Posted via Android Central App

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Well crud. Don't know how I missed this but somehow I didn't notice that the Moto X has a nano sim and my Note 2 has a micro sim. Was hoping to just be able to swap when I needed to. What are my options?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my second one Saturday morning with a today show promo. Shipped today should be here tomorrow. I've had pretty good luck with lead time on the moto maker.

Posted via Android Central App

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I am on AT&T but I ordered the unlocked model because I didn't want to get into a contract. Have not been in one in a few years now.

I guess I will get a sim catd adapter but I need to make sure it is a good one because I will probably be swapping it daily. Just need to make sure the data gets copied over properly from my current micro ro the new nano that I will have to get from an AT&T store. It comes with a T-Mobile nano sim only when you order the unlocked model.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I am on AT&T
I don't know how it works on ATT but on Verizon you can switch phones online very easily. You just select the phone you want to switch and then it asks you if you want to activate a phone that has already been on your account and if the answer is yes, you get a drop down list of all the phones you have had on your account and just select it. It saves the SIM card info, too.

Did you check to see if you can switch online?

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how it works on ATT but on Verizon you can switch phones online very easily. You just select the phone you want to switch and then it asks you if you want to activate a phone that has already been on your account and if the answer is yes, you get a drop down list of all the phones you have had on your account and just select it. It saves the SIM card info, too.

Did you check to see if you can switch online?

No but I we will see if AT&T has that. Thanks.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
No but I we will see if AT&T has that. Thanks.

You will need to stop by ATT store and get a Nano SIM and activate it. My sales guys just gave me the SIM and told me to call a number. I called they took the number from the NEW SIM and it was active. Old SIM is no good once they activate a new one on your account.

Jump on Amazon and get the Noosy nano to micro adapter usually sold in sets with various sizes. Make sure to order from Amazon as I have heard of fakes. I also have the adapter from a company in Austria which is German made. People on here rave about it but honestly, I have used the Noosy in my Nexus 5 all the time and prefer it to the German made one. Used it on my S4 also and it works great in the spring loaded SIM of the Galaxy line.

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I will stop by AT&T and get one and order the adapter too. What about the data on my current sim?

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I got an email from Motorola yesterday that said my Moto X had shipped and estimated to arrive today. What is funny is that the history shows it leaving the assembly plant in Ft. Worth Texas yesterday afternoon, arriving in Memphis, Tn. this morning, leaving there this afternoon and arriving in the Fed Ex sorting facility in Austin Tx. around 4:15 and possibly being delivered by 8:00 tonight.

So, that's an odd route to get it the three and a half hours from Ft. Worth to Austin and I actually had to go to Dallas today for business so I could have picked it up. ;)

Anyway, it originally had an estimated arrival date of Dec. 31st so being a few days early is fine, although I guess I will get it Saturday so I will have to go get my AT&T nano sim in the morning but my sim adapter and Bear Motion case are scheduled to arrive Dec 31st.

Anyway, I am looking forward to setting it up and using it tomorrow.