Thinking Of Buying Moto X... Help?

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
If camera quality is important to you as you mentioned, you will hate the Moto X. I returned mine because of it and went back to my 5S. Camera and noticeable lag on the Moto X is what kills this phone.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Look at N5 as well. Better camera, better dev support, N5 already has camera, sounds, and screen colors mods (to improve those). Although I am sure there are negatives as well, like speaker volume, built quality (still good, but not as good as MX I suppose), no thouchless control, no active notifications, etc....

meguy67

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I am new to the Moto X from iPhone 5 and I don't notice any real lag, at least no more than occasionally, the same as with iOS 7.04.

Posted via Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Have the Moto X, Nexus 5 and iPhone 5. The iPhone 5 has a quick easy to use camera, but I just hate the small screen. I also like iMessage as many in my family are on iOS. Before the recent camera upgrade on the Nexus 5, I would have put the Moto X camera ahead of it. I think the Nexus 5 edges out the Moto X now, especially with HDR on. Having said that, I am still using my Moto X as my daily driver. Just too much going on with it to leave it in the drawer. Pictures are okay as long as you do not zoom. I also like the controls on the moto x camera the best. So simple. Nexus could learn something here. The camera is good enough for photos to post and keep for memories.

I even thought about having a Lumia 925 for the camera. I decided to wait until the next round of Lumias come out.

You might consider getting the moto x off contract (lots of $150 off codes on this forum, I used one today) and saving your upgrade for the next really big thing!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
If taking photos with your phone is really important to then the Moto X is probably not the phone for you. I really like mine but I am struggling with the photos. I take a lot of my kids and while I have found ways to make them better they are not close to the iPhone 5 or Note 2. If you can deal with the lower quality pictures then this phone is one of the best Android phones on the market.

Sent from my Moto X