phone arena article

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I skimmed the article, and it was pretty well written.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

It is well written but...

The telltale line is in the "preface" where he says "I refused to buy a Moto X without being able to use MotoMaker".

What that tells me is that his choice of colors, and the ability to customize those, weighed/weighs heavily in his opinion. And that's fine. But that's his priority and does it really reflect what everyone else prioritizes? No.

I could read the rest, but I'd argue I don't really need to.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It is well written but...

The telltale line is in the "preface" where he says "I refused to buy a Moto X without being able to use MotoMaker".

What that tells me is that his choice of colors, and the ability to customize those, weighed/weighs heavily in his opinion. And that's fine. But that's his priority and does it really reflect what everyone else prioritizes? No.

I could read the rest, but I'd argue I don't really need to.

Very good point, but most of the article focuses on what the device can do by means of performance.

zobog

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Huh? Allot of folks waited for moto maker. It is part of what gives the moto x charm. Personalization.

I couldn't hold out myself.

How does that equate to his opinion having no worth ?

Posted via Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Huh? Allot of folks waited for moto maker. It is part of what gives the moto x charm. Personalization.

I couldn't hold out myself.

How does that equate to his opinion having no worth ?

His opinion is fine. It's biased. That's what opinions are.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, its his opinion but most who own Moto X has the same opinion as his...

you can say that with other phones

Sure, no argument. If it were an opinion piece in a Sunday magazine, fine. But it's supposed to be a review in a phone blog/magazine.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Sure, no argument. If it were an opinion piece in a Sunday magazine, fine. But it's supposed to be a review in a phone blog/magazine.

Supposed to be a review? What the hell are you talking about? It's plainly obvious from the title alone that the editorial is an opinion piece. Duh. It's called "Why I traded..." Obviously, it's going to be all about his opinion.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Supposed to be a review? What the hell are you talking about? It's plainly obvious from the title alone that the editorial is an opinion piece. Duh. It's called "Why I traded..." Obviously, it's going to be all about his opinion.

When I read phone magazines I expect reviews. Opinions are more suited for non-commercial enterprises.

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Well we are a 2 x M.X family. DW was first and a motomaker that she built as her first smart phone. Helping her set it up and customizing it a bit lead me to decide it was time to retire my beloved HTC Rezound on VZW. So I got a standard black on black one for .01 from Amazon after getting VZW to bump up my date by three months.

To me it was size, feel, display, active display, smoothness, and speed as the Rezound was getting a little long toothed. I knew I was giving up a great camera, but if I want to take great pictures I have a real digital camera with 7x optical zoom with a old Dimage 7 that still takes great pictures.

So after almost a month it is:

Feel
Size
Smoothness
Active display
Radios as good or better than the great ones in the Rezound
Drive mode
Battery life
Price/value
Google integration between devices

Motorola tools made the switch from the Rezound quick and easy.

Hopefully they will continue to work on the camera, and with many things moved to Google Play updates do not depend on the carrier.

Happy Moto Xer

Chris

Sent from my A200 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

zobog

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes, its his opinion but most who own Moto X has the same opinion as his...

you cant say that with other phones

Yep. I Like and own a moto x because it is the best there is in my opinion.

That's why I read moto x forums.

I have had other phones that I did not love. I generally didn't go to their forums and traded away the phone as soon as possible.

zobog

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
This piece was an editorial. Not a review. That should be obvious.

They do have a review there.

I would not advise reading it if praise for the moto x is something you don't want to read.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Yep. I Like and own a moto x because it is the best there is in my opinion.

That's why I read moto x forums.

I have had other phones that I did not love. I generally didn't go to their forums and traded away the phone as soon as possible.

I didn't have or trade away a Moto X nor do I have anything against the phone. I didn't actually notice this was the Moto X forum until you mentioned it.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have or trade away a Moto X nor do I have anything against the phone. I didn't actually notice this was the Moto X forum until you mentioned it.

Its hard to notice such things when you're using the AC Forums app. It doesn't highlight very noticeably which section you're in.

CM on OgPro

ShlomoX

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
His opinion is fine. It's biased. That's what opinions are.

An antonym of opinion is fact which makes the above comment so ironic re the moto x, given that general consensus is that as the sum of its parts the moto x is a top phone yet it loses convincingly if only comparing moto x specs to top phones. In other words creative thinking makes moto x one of the winners while cold hard facts makes it a loser.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
An antonym of opinion is fact which makes the above comment so ironic re the moto x, given that general consensus is that as the sum of its parts the moto x is a top phone yet it loses convincingly if only comparing moto x specs to top phones. In other words creative thinking makes moto x one of the winners while cold hard facts makes it a loser.

That's a great point really! I like that. FTR, I think it's one of the winners.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie