Texting problem!

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Alas! Here is another thread about switching from an iPhone to android and not getting texts from iPhones. I went to the store to pick up my Moto X yesterday and I turned off imessage and even changed my apple id before hand yet I still am having trouble getting texts from iPhones. The people that are able to text me had to turn off imessage. Any ideas on what else I can do? I've tried looking around the forum but have found no other solutions except for the ones I've tried.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Still no issue resolved I too had the same issue but most people figured out they couldn't text me so they fixed their settings. My buddy also had the same issue and Apple told him the only resolution was to change his phone number

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This is 100% an Apple issue. They need to build in a way for you to be able to delete your phone number from their iMessage servers more quickly. I have a strong feeling that this is intentional to try and frustrate people switching from iPhones to another platfrom (be that Android, Blackberry, or WP) to get them to come back. Most users will assume it is an issue with their new phone, not with Apple.

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
This is 100% an Apple issue. They need to build in a way for you to be able to delete your phone number from their iMessage servers more quickly. I have a strong feeling that this is intentional to try and frustrate people switching from iPhones to another platfrom (be that Android, Blackberry, or WP) to get them to come back. Most users will assume it is an issue with their new phone, not with Apple.

You hit the nail right on the head. I feel the same way. To be honest the only thing I miss about Apple is the imessage I just love the quality of video messaging. But I bet if they don't fix the issue with changing from imessaging they will quickly see a class action suit come about. Not that it would make an impact but im sure someone out there will be pissed off enough to try something

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have read on our forums that the number will drop off iMessage after 30 days.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I have been over 2 months still having the same issue with certain people

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
That is just absolutely ridiculous. I've heard of a lot of people trying to call Apple and getting awful service from them about this issue. There needs to be an easier way to fix this.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
It really is rediculous. The best solution as it stands is if iPhone users make sure that they have their iPhone set to send messages as sms if imessage doesn't work. Unfortunately most iPhone users don't pay attention to those settings. They just don't know.

Sent from my Moto X

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
It really is rediculous. The best solution as it stands is if iPhone users make sure that they have their iPhone set to send messages as sms if imessage doesn't work. Unfortunately most iPhone users don't pay attention to those settings. They just don't know.

Sent from my Moto X

Right. And I can't ask everyone I know to do this. I get its not that hard, but people just wouldn't understand it.

David Coconut

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
If someone tries to send a text as an iMessage it will let the sender know if it is successful. If not, it says not sent ( or something along those lines). All they have to do is click on the message and send it as a text only.

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
If someone tries to send a text as an iMessage it will let the sender know if it is successful. If not, it says not sent ( or something along those lines). All they have to do is click on the message and send it as a text only.

I understand that. I think I and many others are just saying that its ridiculous that you have to go through these steps to get text messages.