Thinking on installing the google experience launcher on my 4.4 Moto X. thoughts?

ddorbuck

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, I am somewhat new to the android world with my moto x being the first android I have used. I am intrigued by the google experience launcher and I'm pretty comfortable with the process on installing it. However once installed does it break the "ok google now" feature of the moto x and do active notification still work? And last question I assume just uninstalling it will restore the original moto x launcher?

Thank for any info. Doug

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
The launcher will not respond, something is broken in the kit kat update for the moto x but the touchless control will still work.

If you go into settings and hit home you can freely switch between launchers without uninstalling

-Moto X-

ddorbuck

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the info. looks like I will hold off installing it for now. Maybe ill check out nova or apex launcher in the mean time. Cheers!

Winkzz

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the Google experience launcher on my moto x and it works flawlessly. I say try it out, if you don't like it you can always uninstall or switch home launchers. Works great on my by nexus 7 as well.

Posted via Android Central App

Kleeberg

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
When I had it installed, it drained my battery like crazy after installing Kit Kat. Now that I did a clean install and got rid of the GEL, it's back to amazing battery life.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been using it for over a month, no issues with battery. Everything works fine. I came from Nova and have enjoyed GEL quite a bit - haven't switched back.

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I tried the GEL on my Moto X and it worked fine and didn't affect battery life, but I found the home screen icons to be cartoonishly large.

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have it installed but want to take it off. How do I take it off?

Settings > Home to switch back to the stock launcher, or

Settings > Apps, select Launcher and uninstall. If uninstall is not an option, pick the other Launcher entry and uninstall.

Sent from my Moto X using TapaTalk

APeaceOfStrange

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I was using it for a few weeks but ended up moving back to action launcher. It's nice, but I prefer only 1 homescreen and I couldn't pull that off with GEL

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Could someone post a link on how to install the GEL launcher? I also have a nexus 5 and really love the launcher would love to have it on my Moto X

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Could someone post a link on how to install the GEL launcher? I also have a nexus 5 and really love the launcher would love to have it on my Moto X

Backup the apk from your nexus 5 and install it on your moto x. I think someone posted a direct link to the apk on the moto g forum, but if you have the nexus why not just get it from there?

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

For starters, there's this website called Google. It allows people to do searches, and it is very helpful for commonly asked questions...

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
For starters, there's this website called Google. It allows people to do searches, and it is very helpful for commonly asked questions...

Honestly what was the point of your post? I know what Google is obviously but seeing as this is a tech site I figured someone in the know could point me in the right direction. As a matter of fact they did and I have already transferred it from my Nexus 5 thanks for the help guys works great!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1