Camera causing issues with other apps.

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
For the most part I don't care how the camera works on my phone. But, now it's causing issues with another app. I use Bank of America and enjoy the convenience of being able to deposit checks by taking a picture of it. This function used to work great on my galaxy nexus. Note when I try on my Moto X the picture I'd so dark even under direct light that the app well not allow the transaction. If I use my wife's Motorola droid M, the app works great. Very frustrating...

Posted via Android Central App

SandroidE

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
If you ask me, it's an app thing, not the phone...
I've noticed a few apps that just does not run as well as on other devices, one of them is from a newspaper here in Argentina...
That is, it's not from a company that very android oriented...

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I have b of a too... just tried it here with a check (first time for me) and it seemed to go through just fine... in what I would consider marginal light.

My desk is dark in color, so the lighter check was properly exposed (ie don't place it on a surface brighter than the check).

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Move farther away from the check to take the picture and it works fine. It is a distance issue not a lighting issue. Chris

Sent from my A200 using AC Forums mobile app

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I've tried both suggestion before and I get a message saying the picture is too dark. I take my wife's Droid M in the same spot and it works. Ill keep trying it as time goes on. I've also noticed today that if I put a stack of paper on a darker table and have the flash on, the picture comes out super dark. Almost as if the flash goes on and then off and then the picture is taken missing the light.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
For the most part I don't care how the camera works on my phone. But, now it's causing issues with another app. I use Bank of America and enjoy the convenience of being able to deposit checks by taking a picture of it. This function used to work great on my galaxy nexus. Note when I try on my Moto X the picture I'd so dark even under direct light that the app well not allow the transaction. If I use my wife's Motorola droid M, the app works great. Very frustrating...

I thought I was the only one having this issue. Yes, it extremely annoying. Bank of america could allow the camera brightness to be turned up or something but its still a moto X thing. I miss my s4s camera so much but the X isn't half bad most of the time. The twist to open thing is awesome tho.. So I'm stuck with an X until the x2 comes out with a hopefully incredibly improved camera.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae