Moto X - have to download text message ??

caseyatc

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
For some reason on a group thread (and certain other single numbers), instead of seeing the text message , I get a box to select "download" to be able to see the message. Theses aren't pictures or videos, just simple text messages. I have seen some threads suggesting if I switched from an Iphone that might be the problem, however I have never owned an Iphone. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks

NoAck

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Are you using Hangouts for messaging? I had the same problem with Hangouts. I could never get Hangouts to work reliably so I switched back to the standard messaging app.

S.Meezy

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Group texts come through as MMS so you need mobile data on. Haven't had to download them from my family using group messaging (they all have iPhones. They just show up. Is it when you go from not having service somewhere. Possibly auto download isn't on?

Posted via Android Central App

Shirley McFeeters

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello, my daughter & I just purchased the Samsung S4 mini's and whenever she sends me a text it has to be downloaded by the receiver. Did you ever find a fix to this problem? I would appreciate any assistance it is really quite irritating.
:-\

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello, my daughter & I just purchased the Samsung S4 mini's and whenever she sends me a text it has to be downloaded by the receiver. Did you ever find a fix to this problem? I would appreciate any assistance it is really quite irritating.
:-\

Check the settings in your Samsung Messaging app. There may be some options for MSS/Group Text regarding auto download.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63