Motorola Customer Support.........BEST EVER.

Sir Alex

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
No, they are not. Saying they are the best ever would be stupid. Or the worst ever.

But I was calm. I worked with them WITHIN THEIR SYSTEM. I didn't give them the "I would never buy from you again." In the end, I was rewarded.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
No, they are not. Saying they are the best ever would be stupid. Or the worst ever.

But I was calm. I worked with them WITHIN THEIR SYSTEM. I didn't give them the "I would never buy from you again." In the end, I was rewarded.

Did you hit "New Thread" instead of "Reply"?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

Personally, i can say for me it has been one of my worst retail experiences. In the end, I did get a free this and that, but that doesn't make up for all the drama. And having been a customer of Time Warner for over a dozen years, that’s saying a lot. Lol. (just kidding about TW, actually Time Warner has been quite good for me).

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So far I havent had to deal with Motorola on any phone related problems so I can not comment on phone issues personally.
................. as far as time warner goes their CS sucks had them for quite a few years .Depending on whom I talked to the actual Tech that come to your house or the people on the phone get told two different complete reasons for when I have issues with tv channels.I have more then once had to contact BBB and well as supervisors to get it resolved.I actually keep one of the supervisors as a contact on my phone to call direct from now on. To me Time Warner has the worst CS I have ever had to deal with.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
They have the worst CS I have experience since I was with Sprint in the early to mid 2000s.

They sent me the wrong phone, had no idea where mine was, and their only solution was the phone I received back. Why not just let me re-order and get the correct phone and THEN mail the wrong one back???

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
They have the worst CS I have experience since I was with Sprint in the early to mid 2000s.

They sent me the wrong phone, had no idea where mine was, and their only solution was the phone I received back. Why not just let me re-order and get the correct phone and THEN mail the wrong one back???

:D. I am also with Sprint going on 13 years now. Funnily enough, i'd rate them 10x better on their WORST day. lol. (rate Sprint 10x better i mean). I'm laughing thinking about how helpful sprint was during my first moto x issue of voice issues, and their help when moto x sprint off contract phones are not able to be activated as normal by sprint because for some reason whatever X's are going out for sprint the sim cards aren't recognized. lol. which i had to do after moto lost my phone i sent in. lol. Right now my battery is having issues and my always listening is broken. ugh, i am dread dread dreading dealing with this.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Personally, i can say for me it has been one of my worst retail experiences. In the end, I did get a free this and that, but that doesn't make up for all the drama. And having been a customer of Time Warner for over a dozen years, that’s saying a lot. Lol. (just kidding about TW, actually Time Warner has been quite good for me).

How did you get free stuff from them and what did you wind up getting out of it?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
How did you get free stuff from them and what did you wind up getting out of it?

When they lost my phone and i had to buy a new one i got a 32GB instead of my 16 i originally had, so they didn't really GIVE me that but in the end reimbursed me, so i'm counting that as 1 up. Then after my umpteenth time on the phone talking to them trying to buy insurance because for some reason my account wouldn't offer me the option, i told them i was at that point at the end of my patience limit and they offered me some $40 Jax headphones. :p!. A lot of people got $25 Play GC's and an accessory after tough times with CS.

silverback

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
:D. I am also with Sprint going on 13 years now. Funnily enough, i'd rate them 10x better on their WORST day. lol. (rate Sprint 10x better i mean). I'm laughing thinking about how helpful sprint was during my first moto x issue of voice issues, and their help when moto x sprint off contract phones are not able to be activated as normal by sprint because for some reason whatever X's are going out for sprint the sim cards aren't recognized. lol. which i had to do after moto lost my phone i sent in. lol. Right now my battery is having issues and my always listening is broken. ugh, i am dread dread dreading dealing with this.

I was on the phone with Sprint Customer service for about as long as you have been a customer. Seriously, 13 hours straight last time, and I hate to say that was not out of the ordinary. Sprint always failed to rectify any problems I had. Usually ended up buying a new phone out of pocket. After doing this several times and putting up with their snobbish retail personnel, it wasn't worth it for unlimited data anymore. I "Sprint"ed away to the big V and have been fairly pleased since.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I had EXCELLENT customer service from Motorola.

I can't believe someone who got a $50 upgrade in storage AND a $40 free pair of headphones for waiting on the phone would complain. Geez, whiner, sense of entitlement, much? lol!

Like I said I'd prefer it the other way around. For some getting stuff means poor experiences never happened or made those experiences somehow worth headphones i dont care for and and a $50 phone add-on, but some prefer they never have had to make 15 phone calls and wasted hours and hours of their time in the first place. Yeah, motorola losing someone's phone and taking 3 calls and a week just o figure that out, then another 3 weeks to fix my account to purchase insurance and a number of promised return phone that never happened is poor cs. And drop the immature name- calling, its so unnecessary.

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My experience is that it really depends on who you get on the other line when you contact any company for support. But regardless of who's on the other line, being patient usually pays off and you'll get what you want (hopefully) and walk away a happy customer.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Keep the discussion civil and on-topic. I suggest that those participating here acquaint themselves with the forum rules. You are expected to abide by them.

Thread has been cleaned up.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

meguy67

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I had a good experience with Motorola service. I had an issue with my phone's charging port and I used the Moto Care phone app and explained the problem. They sent me a new MotoMaker code and I didn't have to send the old phone back until I got the new one and transferred everything. They just got the phone back, so hopefully something won't go wrong now. I had to deal with HTC repair in the past and that was a bad customer service experience for me.

Sam12Ash

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I ordered my Moto X on December 27th and was given an 8 day processing\delivery estimate. I called to confirm this and expressed my displeasure and was told I would receive a $25 Play store gift card. I got the phone but never the gift card or activation code so I called again and received two free In case snap cases. One was for me and the other for another Moto X in the same order. Each time I called I was treated nicely and never blown off or ran into a dead end. Its unfortunate that others have had negative experiences with Motorola customer service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton