Is there any way to have the ability to lower the volume of my phone while it's still in sleep?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I could have sworn my Pre let me turn the phone down even when it was in sleep mode (could be wrong, i'd have to double check). Would love to not have to push the wake button to turn down my ringer. I checked in settings, didn't see it there.

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I don't know about turning the volume down, but if you hold the power button while the phone is sleeping, it will give you options to set to vibrate or silent without having to unlock.

ede6yqas.jpg

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about turning the volume down, but if you hold the power button while the phone is sleeping, it will give you options to set to vibrate or silent without having to unlock.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/16/ede6yqas.jpg

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Well, it didn’t work while asleep or before the screen unlock for me (?), but it does offer quick access to airplane mode! I never even noticed that. And I use airplane mode at least twice a day. Cool. That will be MUCH less annoying than pulling down the menu bar, flipping to menu, pushing airplane mode, then pulling up to get rid of the menu. :D. Exxxxxxcellent.