Verizon Moto X: Open an account on ISIS Mobile Wallet and recieve $50

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I did it, only it's a little more convoluted than that.

Once you open an account with ISIS, you are redirected to the American Express prepaid debit card site http://www.serve.com. Once you sign up for a Serve card, the $50 "Courtesy of ISIS" credit is added and the physical card is e-mailed to you in 7-10 days. (Mine took five days.)

More about Serve: American Express Serve Goes After The ?Under-Banked? With Prepaid Cards You Load With Cash In Stores | TechCrunch

Once you received the card, you activate it on the Serve.com site. Once the card is activated, then you can add the card to the ISIS android app and start spending the money.

PS. I don't think anything would prevent one from just up and spending that $50 directly from the debit card.

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
No responses about this subject...Oh well...New AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon Moto X users still have a chance.

I used up my $50 buying headphones from Radio Shack, breakfast garbage from Jack-In-The-Box, and sundries from CVS.

What I didn't know was the "20% Cashback on All Purchases using Isis and Serve (only for eligible Android phones)" deal which lasts until the end of January.

Free money is always fun.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No responses about this subject...Oh well...

I didnt respond because I prefer Google wallet over ISIS.I cant even add the card I want to on ISIS.
I dont use American Express or any credit card like that .
I just use prepaid cards with everything I charge now, that way I control how much money is on it.I can link that with Google Wallet.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I didnt respond because I prefer Google wallet over ISIS.I cant even add the card I want to on ISIS.
I dont use American Express or any credit card like that .
I just use prepaid cards with everything I charge now, that way I control how much money is on it.I can link that with Google Wallet.

American Express provided a free pre-paid debit card and ISIS provided $50 worth of credit to that pre-paid debit card to try out the ISIS wallet.

Preferring Google wallet over ISIS isn't the issue with this deal...Getting the $50 is.

mkreef

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
My wife signed up and got the $50, promptly spent it and threw her Serve card in a drawer. No plans to use ISIS or the Serve card, but thanks for the $50.

(Unfortunately only one $50 credit per Verizon account and we are on a family plan)

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Can you even have ISIS and Google Wallet on the same phone using NFC? I'm afraid to even try on a Verizon phone.

Posted via Android Central App

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I much prefer Google Wallet over ISIS, wish Verizon would give it more "love" and promote it.

Verizon is part of a consortium of carriers that back ISIS. They actively block Google wallet because it's in direct competition with their business interests. Hopefully Wallet wins eventually! 😁

Sent from my Moto X

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Verizon is part of a consortium of carriers that back ISIS. They actively block Google wallet because it's in direct competition with their business interests. Hopefully Wallet wins eventually! ��

Sent from my Moto X

Yet they sell a bunch of Google (Motorola) handsets, full of Google products ? Seems a little counterproductive? I too hope Wallet will win out.

Regarding having Wallet and ISIS on the same phone I don't see why not but perhaps someone on here has done it and can chime in? I don't care or have a need for anything other than Wallet right now, suits my needs.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is part of a consortium of carriers that back ISIS. They actively block Google wallet because it's in direct competition with their business interests. Hopefully Wallet wins eventually! ��
Sent from my Moto X
It's not blocked anymore with KitKat update since Google built TapToPay into OS

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I just signed up and got $40. I'll use that, but I doubt I ever use ISIS. I have Google Wallet, too, but I only used that like half a dozen times when it came out before I decided it wasn't saving me any time... but was fun to do in front of people at McDonalds.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
That's the whole point.

Also like when people ask if they can do that with their iPhones. Very simple answer at the time was no. Now I guess there is a special case you can get for the iPhone that works with ISIS? Doubt many would buy it though just for the ability to do something built into just about every Android phone.

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
It's not blocked anymore with KitKat update since Google built TapToPay into OS

I just noticed this morning, it looks like I can use all the functions of Google Wallet on my VZW Moto X. I came from a Galaxy Nexus, where it was blocked, so I just assumed nothing had changed. I haven't tried to use it yet, but seems to be totally functional.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a Verizon Moto X w/ Straight Talk (ATT) and I used Google Wallet yesterday...worked flawlessly :)

Posted via Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed this morning, it looks like I can use all the functions of Google Wallet on my VZW Moto X. I came from a Galaxy Nexus, where it was blocked, so I just assumed nothing had changed. I haven't tried to use it yet, but seems to be totally functional.

It works great with the vzw Moto X on Kit Kat 4.4 .I use it all the time at pharmacy store, grocery store and fast food places (ex McD's)

sent from my Moto X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835