Moto X: Do you use touchless control?

How much do you use touchless control?

• Total voters

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Was grouting my floor tiles today and had crap all I ever my hands. Had to pick the kiddies up from school so I asked what time it was. Very handy

Posted via Android Central App

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Curious, why did you even get a Moto X if you consider Motorola's add-on features "gimmicky"?

Well, I think it's mildly useful, but it's certainly not as useful (for me, ymmv) as wireless charging was. I bought the Moto X for its form factor and battery life. And the battery life has been okay, and I love the form factor, and I was pleasantly surprised to find it has really excellent radios, so all in all, I'm happy with it.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I didn't use it for much more than checking the weather or calling someone at first, but I've been using the Assist while driving more and more. It works remarkably well.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
One of the main reason I bought this device is for this active listening feature, which I will use with Tasker and AutoVoice and Xposed Frameowork's Google Search API module.

kakos26

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes! Very useful for when I do not want to touch my phone!

I use it daily. From making calls to sending texts. It is great! When my hands are tied up and for example when I first get in a car and want to focus on driving- I can tell my MX who I'd like to speak with and bam it gets done without even looking at my screen.

Doesn't get any better.

Posted via Moto X (VZ)

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes! Very useful for when I do not want to touch my phone!

I use it daily. From making calls to sending texts. It is great! When my hands are tied up and for example when I first get in a car and want to focus on driving- I can tell my MX who I'd like to speak with and bam it gets done without even looking at my screen.

Doesn't get any better.

Posted via Moto X (VZ)

Yup. I jumped off my bike for a second to park it somewhere and could "text" my friend at the same time, telling her to get on the line for movie tix. lol. Also awesomey handy for timing my laundry and cooking stuff. I use the "wake me up function" for it but it works awesome. Put the clothes in, and "okay google, wake me up in 30 mins", no more forgetting or double checking the clock 10 times. : ). Also when i'm out late on the weekends, i can fall into bed and tell it to wake me in 7 hours. and i still use it for whether in the morning while getting dressed.

Kalifornia

Dude
Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Wild. Mine adds it to my to-do list app. : )

You can select the app that's associated with it for how you want the note saved. Email works, as do many task apps. For example I used Any.Do

Its something Android prompts you to specify the first time, kind if like when you have multiple launchers and when you hit the home button you pick it which one and select just this once or always.

Sent from my Moto X

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Like some others, I feel a little stupid talking to my phone in public, especially if the phone didn't get my query right and responds incorrectly or not at all. However, I'm starting to use it more and more with each update as features are being added and the phone's recognition of my queries have seemed to improve as it's detecting my voice better and providing more accurate and faster responses. Currently using mine mainly for time, temperature, navigation, sport scores/results and Play Music commands.

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Curious, why did you even get a Moto X if you consider Motorola's add-on features "gimmicky"?

It's the only smallish phone with a decent screen size and UI that I like, it feels fantastic in my hands, fits in my pockets perfectly and is less expensive than anything in it's class.
When I drive, I drive. I don't check emails or even make phone calls. I might have to answer a call but that's what my speaker on the phone is for. I don't have a problem pulling over to do my business.

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Not really gimmicky if it fills your need. My husband is a UPS driver and uses Siri on his iPhone all the time. It's not exactly the same but pretty close. It's hard to check texts when you're driving and carrying boxes.

Posted via Android Central App

I knew something was terribly wrong with UPS. Drivers checking texts while driving and carrying boxes. :D

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's the only smallish phone with a decent screen size and UI that I like, it feels fantastic in my hands, fits in my pockets perfectly and is less expensive than anything in it's class.
When I drive, I drive. I don't check emails or even make phone calls. I might have to answer a call but that's what my speaker on the phone is for. I don't have a problem pulling over to do my business.

Sounds like a Moto G would have been perfect.

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I use this all the time. "Ok Google now, Houston Rockets"......then....."The Houston Rockets are leading XXXX 70 to 60 in the third quarter."
Priceless, especially in public.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't have a problem pulling over to do my business.
I think that is where you can see it is not a gimmick. Most people don't pull over to read and respond to texts. With Motorola Assist and touchless controls, you don't have to. Very valuable features to the overwhelming majority of drivers out there.

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like a Moto G would have been perfect.

Definitely. I found the Moto X for $225 "new in box" on eBay a month after it was out and went for it. The G was not out when I bought the X but it would have been sufficient for my use.

SandroidE

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I have deactivated it...
In a day to day basis, I really don't have many situations where I could really use it... It's very helpful once you are driving, but other than that it's of limited use...

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante