Ability to Copy Image to Clipboard???

eastcoastguy

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Apologies if this has been posted/answered before or if I'm completely overlooking some mundane functionality, but I just switch from an iPhone and I'm looking to copy an image in my gallery to the clipboard, and paste in any one of a number of applications (in this case a reply in a facebook post).

Normally I would push and hold and a screen would appear asking "copy to .... clipboard" but it does not appear to be the case. For an alternative, I've tried to share to Keep, save image in different folders in my phone, email it myself and try and copy it, but no luck. It's not as easy as "Share via Facebook" because there isnt an option to have the picture go anywhere but a new post.

Am I completely missing something, that there is no option to copy an image to the clipboard?

Note - I'm completely up to date software wise.

Thanks ahead of time.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
You use the Share function to do this. When you select the photo in gallery, use the Share icon (looks like a sideways V with dots on the end: <) and then select the app to send it to.

Sent from my Moto X

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
You use the Share function to do this. When you select the photo in gallery, use the Share icon (looks like a sideways V with dots on the end: <) and then select the app to send it to.

I think he knows that works to make a separate new post with his image. He wants to put his image in a reply on a post that has already been created on Facebook, not as a new post. I quit using Facebook months ago, before I got my Moto X, so I don't have it installed to try myself.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Sorry. I didn't know you could do that in iOS. I have an iPad, but my wife is the one logged in to Facebook on it.

Sent from my Moto X

eastcoastguy

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the note all. I'm just surprised that there's not a native way to copy photos to a clipboard, which in my mind would maximize functionality. Not even that I'm dead set on posting a stupid picture to facebook, I'm just surprised that the functionality doesn't exist from a phone software perspective.

FYI I attempted to do it via the Facebook website (and I also understand Facebook's app and webpage shortfalls in this), and it returned an error posting image to site. This was regardless of type of photo attempted (screenshot, camera photo, or saved image) and connection (wifi and 4G).

Beantown Bashers

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Apologies if this has been posted/answered before or if I'm completely overlooking some mundane functionality, but I just switch from an iPhone and I'm looking to copy an image in my gallery to the clipboard, and paste in any one of a number of applications

Anything you copy is sent to your clipboard, you just have to paste (long press/touch) to bring up the option to paste or go to your clipboard.

AComp1977

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the note all. I'm just surprised that there's not a native way to copy photos to a clipboard, which in my mind would maximize functionality. Not even that I'm dead set on posting a stupid picture to facebook, I'm just surprised that the functionality doesn't exist from a phone software perspective.

FYI I attempted to do it via the Facebook website (and I also understand Facebook's app and webpage shortfalls in this), and it returned an error posting image to site. This was regardless of type of photo attempted (screenshot, camera photo, or saved image) and connection (wifi and 4G).

Well this option is available on the Galaxy S models but this native version of Android is missing the functionally. I also have several other options that were available on the S3 that is NOT available on the moto x. For one I can't get to the clipboard at all on the x.

Posted via Android Central App

shetach

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Am I missing something?
When you are commenting on a facebook post, a camera icon is on the left side of the text box that you type. When you click it, it allows you to add a picture from galleries.

Posted via Android Central App

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
If you go to your gallery and screen shot the photo it will upload to your clipboard. I had this same problem 2day and that did the trick.

Posted via the Android Central App

Conlew

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site
I did an Edit on my pic in image file, see 3 boxes top right on Android to choose Edit, then Adjustment, then crop and crop the whole pic is toy need it all then say Done an and it Saves it to yea-----"Clipboard" now you can add an image to any online text comment boxes that give you that option, this comment box doesn't allow you to add an image from clipboard.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49