Active Notification issue after system update

Kaymak

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
So I'm new to the forum and new to android in general. I've recently updated my phone system to the latest one (I think it's the 4.4.2 kit kat?). I've been having issues with the active notifications such that the screen freezes when I receive messages or sometimes it freezes just when the time is 'breathing'. I can't access my phone screen unless I use the power button and the lock screen pops up. I read a few other forums but no one seems to be having a similar issue, does anyone have a solution or suggestion as to what I can do about this? (it's super annoying!)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So I'm new to the forum and new to android in general. I've recently updated my phone system to the latest one (I think it's the 4.4.2 kit kat?). I've been having issues with the active notifications such that the screen freezes when I receive messages or sometimes it freezes just when the time is 'breathing'. I can't access my phone screen unless I use the power button and the lock screen pops up. I read a few other forums but no one seems to be having a similar issue, does anyone have a solution or suggestion as to what I can do about this? (it's super annoying!)

What carrier/model Moto X do you have?

Kaymak

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
What carrier/model Moto X do you have?

Oh and I forgot to mention that prior to the update, I never had this issue with the original operating system I had when I got this phone in Nov. 2013.

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh and I forgot to mention that prior to the update, I never had this issue with the original operating system I had when I got this phone in Nov. 2013.

I would try to clear cache and data for the Active Display app, then reboot the phone.

If still having issues, uninstall all updates for the Active Display app, reboot the phone, then get the latest version from the Play Store and try again.

Kaymak

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I would try to clear cache and data for the Active Display app, then reboot the phone.

If still having issues, uninstall all updates for the Active Display app, reboot the phone, then get the latest version from the Play Store and try again.

The first option has been successful so far. If the problem persists I'll try out the second one, thanks!!