Moto X: hairline gap in bezel where front and back halves meet in bamboo wood back phone?

Dak0taD

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
So I just received my new bamboo wood back phone on Friday, it looks great other than it has a hairline gap in the bezel where the front and back halves meet on one side. It looks as though the back half is not securely attached to the front. When I squeeze the two sides of the phone together the gap closes. The other side of phone, where the power button is, doesn't have this problem and is very secure. In reading the forums, it seems there are a number of problems with the bezel attachment in the wood back phones.

Any thoughts on if this is sufficiently bad to try a return/exchange and hope that the next phone is better, or is this as good as it gets with the wood back phones?

With gap:
2014-02-09 18.35.19.jpg
Squeezing phone closes gap:
2014-02-09 18.35.48.jpg

Last edited:

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: hairline gap in bezel where front and back halves meet in bamboo wood back phone?

So I just received my new bamboo wood back phone on Friday, it looks great other than it has a hairline gap in the bezel where the front and back halves meet on one side. It looks as though the back half is not securely attached to the front. When I squeeze the two sides of the phone together the gap closes. The other side of phone, where the power button is, doesn't have this problem and is very secure. In reading the forums, it seems there are a number of problems with the bezel attachment in the wood back phones.

Any thoughts on if this is sufficiently bad to try a return/exchange and hope that the next phone is better, or is this as good as it gets with the wood back phones?
post a pic please.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't hesitate, call c.s. to exchange the phone. Just received my bamboo Moto X in white yesterday and I don't have a gap like that. If you keep it, the phone will continue to pull apart over time.

Posted via Android Central App

longtime44

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Ya definitely send that beast back. One small drop and your out 300+ bucks.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using AC Forums mobile app

Dak0taD

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I received my replacement bamboo Moto X yesterday, it too has a small gap. It's in the same corner where the other one had a problem, although it's not nearly as bad as the first phone. Do I gamble again and see if the third phone is better yet.... I might just keep this one, it is notably better than the first. I'm guessing the wood back phones have some manufacturing design issues.

On a side note, I think where the Moto X is lagging compared to the other Android manufacturers is their premium build look and feel. I was in the AT&T store today and most of the other phones had a real high-end feel to them, the plain black Moto X there just seemed so-so compared to the flagship phones LG, HTC, and Samsung. Of course all these other phones had considerable metal trim which I think adds a premium look and feel to a device; I suspect it is a design decision of Motorola's to avoid metal, due to the added RF complexity and likely reduced radio performance.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc