Moto X: Thinking of switching/upgrading

PxuLL

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I have been recently thinking about upgrading from my current Nokia Lumia 820 which I am not really enjoying at the moment because WP8 as a phone OS is slacking a lot, lack of apps, no notification centre etc... the list goes on.

The real question is do you think I should upgrade I want a good phone with fast specs, big screen, nice camera and overall a better OS which a mid price range. So do you think the MOTO X is the best option?

I also had a look around and saw that the HTC ONE is a nice phone too but the camera lacks a lot at only 4megapixels.

Last edited by a moderator:

dmdj232

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Thinking of switching/upgrading

Hey guys, I have been recently thinking about upgrading from my current Nokia Lumia 820 which I am not really enjoying at the moment because WP8 as a phone OS is slacking a lot, lack of apps, no notification centre etc... the list goes on.

The real question is do you think I should upgrade I want a good phone with fast specs, big screen, nice camera and overall a better OS which a mid price range. So do you think the MOTO X is the best option?
Just got mine yesterday and so far it is GREAT!! FAST, FAST, FAST, and although the screen is "only" 720p it really does look good. I came from a Razr HD.

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

If you're looking for top-notch specs, a big screen and a good camera, as your OP indicated, then this is the exact wrong phone for you.

By today's standards, the Moto X has a "small" screen, and it's only 720P, which seems to bother some people. The issues with the Camera are becoming legendary.

Its a great phone. Don't get me wrong. It just doesn't seem to fit what you're looking for. The phone that it sounds like would suit you the best is the LG G2.

PxuLL

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

If you're looking for top-notch specs, a big screen and a good camera, as your OP indicated, then this is the exact wrong phone for you.

By today's standards, the Moto X has a "small" screen, and it's only 720P, which seems to bother some people. The issues with the Camera are becoming legendary.

Its a great phone. Don't get me wrong. It just doesn't seem to fit what you're looking for. The phone that it sounds like would suit you the best is the LG G2.

Yeah I guess I might go for the LG G2 it looks fabulous my cousin had it he brought it over to the UK from Canada when he was on vacation I was pretty jealous to be honest :p
Thanks!

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Wait till after MWC next week. Lots of phones will be announced (Galaxy S5, HTC One successor).

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Wait till after MWC next week. Lots of phones will be announced (Galaxy S5, HTC One successor).
They will be announced, but they won't be available for a while. So it depends how soon you want to buy a new phone.

I agree that given your OP, this is not the best phone for you. I am very happy with it, but my chief consideration was to get a phone that was "good enough" and also fit in my pocket and was easy to use with one hand. My husband's Galaxy S4 has a larger, brighter, more attractive screen. I don't take enough photos with the phone to have noticed or cared about its quality (plenty good for my expectations) but there are enough complaints about the camera that I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who says that's one of their primary concerns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34