Updates on Moto X's bought directly from Motorola

dsw1519

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I purchased my Moto directly from Motorola off contract and use Verizon. Does anyone know if updates come automatically on this from Moto or from VZW, or do I have to do anything to download or enable the updates?

Thanks.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
They'll be coming from Verizon
They're starting to roll out 4.4.2 today so you might want to update to that :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Well...

Technically, Motorola does the updates and sends it to Verizon for approval. Once approved, Motorola pushes it to the devices.

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
They'll be coming from Verizon
They're starting to roll out 4.4.2 today so you might want to update to that :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
Sources for that rollout, please? They have just started to rollout the soak test, but I have yet to see anyone outside of that verify that the official rollout has begun.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Uh, yeah I read all blog posts. But this doesn't prove that it is being pushed out to the general public yet. I wonder if Derek Kessler has the source? He posted the story. It looks like it is just the changelog to me. AC might have jumped the gun on this one. Oh well, no big deal. Thanks for the replies everyone!
It is being pushed out, but it isn't something that is available to everyone at the same time. I know people already on 4.4.2, while my dad's Moto X hasn't received it yet. I'm sure we'll get it soon

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Uh, yeah I read all blog posts. But this doesn't prove that it is being pushed out to the general public yet. I wonder if Derek Kessler has the source? He posted the story. It looks like it is just the changelog to me. AC might have jumped the gun on this one. Oh well, no big deal. Thanks for the replies everyone!
nothing in the internet can be proved. just saying