Moto X: I saw the green battery light. Problems??

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Last night the X was fully charged and I had it in my shirt pocket for about 3-hours before going to bed. No wifi, no tethering, just Sleep mode.

When I went to bed it felt awfully warm so I tried to turn it on and see if something was running. Deader than roadkill.

I plugged in a charger and still nothing, probably because it was still quite warm and the charger would not kick in, so unplugged it.

I left it overnight and this morning still dead, plugged it into a charger and the green light came on and after about five minutes a full screen battery charging display showed 1%. Currently charging and at 12% after 30-minutes.

Should I be worried about something faulty and need to send it back for replacement?

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: I saw the green battery light. Problems??

Last night the X was fully charged and I had it in my shirt pocket for about 3-hours before going to bed. No wifi, no tethering, just Sleep mode.

When I went to bed it felt awfully warm so I tried to turn it on and see if something was running. Deader than roadkill.

I plugged in a charger and still nothing, probably because it was still quite warm and the charger would not kick in, so unplugged it.

I left it overnight and this morning still dead, plugged it into a charger and the green light came on and after about five minutes a full screen battery charging display showed 1%. Currently charging and at 12% after 30-minutes.

Should I be worried about something faulty and need to send it back for replacement?

Thoughts?

I would let it be for a while longer. See what happens. It is possible the battery fell so low that it's own safeguard kicked in. Let it get a full charge without turning it on and see what happens.

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
{sigh} Damned finger trouble. :)

I had the icon for the Tether Toggle in the right top corner of the screen. I put it up there to keep it out of harm's way. So much for plans, but it did the same thing with the flat battery again and this time I got serious about finding the issue. It turns out that I would tap the icon to turn off the Tether and then put the phone in my shirt pocket.

I am not sure about other Xs, but mine does not need an actual tap to do stuff, the screen touch is over-sensitive and just getting near something will be considered a tap. Putting the phone into the shirt pocket by gripping the top right corner and my thumb was near enough to the icon to toggle it back on. I have now moved the icon to the swiped page to the right so that cannot happen again.

I wish there were some way to tone down the touch sensitivity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech