Dark photos in G+ photos app on my Moto X

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
...so how do I change my stock picture app to the Gallery instead of Photos?

Go to Settings > Apps > Photos and tap "Clear defaults". This will clear Photos from being the default app choice for anything. Next time you swipe in the camera it should ask you which app you want to use to display the pictures.

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings > Apps > Photos and tap "Clear defaults". This will clear Photos from being the default app choice for anything. Next time you swipe in the camera it should ask you which app you want to use to display the pictures.

Yeah, I figured that. But according to my app settings, Photos is not an app installed on my phone... It's not in any of the app lists, I've gone completely through each one.

I tried Photos again from the camera, and now it's not dimming like it was before. I still don't want to use it because it doesn't have a delete option at all.

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I figured that. But according to my app settings, Photos is not an app installed on my phone... It's not in any of the app lists, I've gone completely through each one.

I tried Photos again from the camera, and now it's not dimming like it was before. I still don't want to use it because it doesn't have a delete option at all.

In that case it's probably part of Google+. Try doing the same for Google+ and see if that does it.

kansashokie

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
i noticed this too on mine. when i turned off auto back, it quit doing it. once the photo was backed up (while auto back up was turned on) it quit doing it.

Monika Grochowski

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone found anything that works? I tried adjusting my brightness but it didn't work. :-(

***** So I kept doing research and I found something that worked!!!!!!! :-D
I went to:
-Settings
-Apps
-Google+
-Clear Defaults
Then pull up a picture and choose to view with Gallery instead of Google. And choose "Always"

Last edited:

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
This doesn't really fix the problem of the photo being dark in G+ photos, it just takes G+ photos out of the equation.

Has anyone found anything that works? I tried adjusting my brightness but it didn't work. :-(

***** So I kept doing research and I found something that worked!!!!!!! :-D
I went to:
-Settings
-Apps
-Google+
-Clear Defaults
Then pull up a picture and choose to view with Gallery instead of Google. And choose "Always"

cu3ik

May 5, 2014
Visit site
It appears that this is a feature of the Google Photos app, and is used as an indication that the photo is not backed up.
If you have a G+ account and are backing up your phones photos to it, pictures will appear dimmed (after a second or so) and then brighten again once it's been uploaded.

I don't understand why this feature has been implemented in such a way, after all, I'm mostly out when taking snaps on my phone and don't want to use my data connection to upload. Meaning that I either have to put up with the stupid dimming, or use another application (I prefer the features of the Photos application) until I can find a wifi connection to do the transfers.

I'd much rather have an icon indicator on the screen that shows me whether a picture has been backed up.
Hopefully there will be enough complaints to have this rectified in a later version of Android OS.

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
It appears that this is a feature of the Google Photos app, and is used as an indication that the photo is not backed up.
If you have a G+ account and are backing up your phones photos to it, pictures will appear dimmed (after a second or so) and then brighten again once it's been uploaded.

I don't understand why this feature has been implemented in such a way, after all, I'm mostly out when taking snaps on my phone and don't want to use my data connection to upload. Meaning that I either have to put up with the stupid dimming, or use another application (I prefer the features of the Photos application) until I can find a wifi connection to do the transfers.

I'd much rather have an icon indicator on the screen that shows me whether a picture has been backed up.
Hopefully there will be enough complaints to have this rectified in a later version of Android OS.

I don't think that is what is happening here. For example, if I add a photo widget to my home screen, using an image that is already backed up to G+, and then tap the widget and open that photo in G+, it dims and stays dimmed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon