Bluetooth audio quality issues

sje2081

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I just received a new Moto X (ATT), and I've noticed some static issues with audio when connected through bluetooth in my car (Acura TSX 2009). I mostly use Pandora, but tested it just streaming Youtube and noticed the same issue. It doesn't seem to drop, but I am getting consistent, light yet annoying, audio static/pops every few seconds. I did not have this issue in this vehicle with my old Galaxy S2. Is this something that is related to the phone or the Android version (4.4.2). Should I bother trying to get a replacement? Did a search and saw some complaints about BT dropping, but I haven't noticed that as of yet. Thanks for any input.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just received a new Moto X (ATT), and I've noticed some static issues with audio when connected through bluetooth in my car (Acura TSX 2009). I mostly use Pandora, but tested it just streaming Youtube and noticed the same issue. It doesn't seem to drop, but I am getting consistent, light yet annoying, audio static/pops every few seconds. I did not have this issue in this vehicle with my old Galaxy S2. Is this something that is related to the phone or the Android version (4.4.2). Should I bother trying to get a replacement? Did a search and saw some complaints about BT dropping, but I haven't noticed that as of yet. Thanks for any input.

Welcome to the forums.
It is probably the bluetooth radio. Can you plug the X into your sound system with a wire?

sje2081

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Meaning the BT radio is bad in the unit?

I need to find an AUX cable to try....car has USB but I get an unsupported error when I try to use it.

Thank you.

sje2081

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
For what it's worth if anyone does a search on a similar issue and finds this thread...

I fixed it by purchasing a Kinivo BTC450 and syncing to that in my car...audio is perfect. Strange since my car's BT works fine with my old GS2 and my wife's GS4, but sounded like garbage with my Moto. But the Moto must be "working" since it works on this BTC450. Also, even on my car BT, voice calls were OK, only music audio was poor. I just have to chalk it up to some incompatibility issue between the Moto and my Acura's BT. Maybe it'll get fixed in a future update.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Had same issue in my challenger. Ended up balancing speakers 3 ticks to tear on radio and problem went away.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463