Moto X CDMA on GSM (@CNET)

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I think Maggie is wrong, 2 comments say she is and I swear I've read it a few times here and at other forums that the VZW Moto X worked with LTE on AT&T and T-Mobile, and that it supported Band 4 AWS.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The article is wrong. The Verizon moto x supports b4.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
CDMA phones can only use 2G/3G GSM and I believe it only works internationally. Doesnt matter if the hardware is there, the carriers have forced it to be that way.

Posted via Android Central App

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I am counting on the X supporting AWS, my assumption is that it does not do so out of the box, but will require an update at some point. It would be nice if Verizon would just say so!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
CDMA phones can only use 2G/3G GSM and I believe it only works internationally. Doesnt matter if the hardware is there, the carriers have forced it to be that way.

This is incorrect. It depends on the device. The Verizon iPhone 5s and 5c support all the bands for tmobile and att. Many of Verizon's other current 4GLTE smartphones support band 4 lte. My Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 supports 4GLTE on tmobile as well as voice and 2g/3g.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
From what I have read, or would be only G3 when Sprint phone goes international unlocked. Don't know about here in the states.

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
This is incorrect. It depends on the device. The Verizon iPhone 5s and 5c support all the bands for tmobile and att. Many of Verizon's other current 4GLTE smartphones support band 4 lte. My Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 supports 4GLTE on tmobile as well as voice and 2g/3g.

Well good luck getting that to work, you would be the first.

Isaiah 43

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I switched to AT&T and used my Moto X developer edition, the Verizon version. I used the phone for about three weeks. It works fine except no LTE, no visual voicemail and when I called 911 they couldn't recognize my number. I bought a Moto X for use with AT&T and I'm selling my other on eBay.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I switched to AT&T and used my Moto X developer edition, the Verizon version. I used the phone for about three weeks. It works fine except no LTE, no visual voicemail and when I called 911 they couldn't recognize my number. I bought a Moto X for use with AT&T and I'm selling my other on eBay.

AT&T's primary lte is b17 . they also use b2,4,and 5 in limited areas. So unless you were in an area where b4 was deployed you won't be able to get LTE on AT&T from the Verizon moto x

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if they forgot to tap on "Global" under "Preferred Network Types"? I have a whole slew of prepaid T-Mobile Sim cards I've never bothered to test. One of these days, I'll give it a whirl.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty