Phone Dialer bug?

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Every time I tap the keypad icon on the dialer I don't get the dial pad but get an empty space on the bottom. When I tap the empty space I get the dial icon again and then once I tap it then I get the dial pad.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Every time I tap the keypad icon on the dialer I don't get the dial pad but get an empty space on the bottom. When I tap the empty space I get the dial icon again and then once I tap it then I get the dial pad.

Any suggestions?

I've never had this problem. I would recommend going into the settings app and clicking on apps and deleting the app data. If you scroll over to "All Apps" you will then find the dialer. From there click on "Delete Data".

If this method does not work you probably need to do a factory reset. That will definitely fix the issue.

If this were a problem with the dialer there would be many many people complaining about it because it's the stock dialer app included with any stock Android phone.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Couple reset is a friend I guess sorry.

So sounds like you got your issue resolved.I personally haven't had this to happen to me
If I had that issue first thing I would have done is gone into settings>apps>all>dialer>cleared cache.If that didn't fix then I would have gone into settings>apps>all>dialer>cleared data.
I always try the simple things first to correct any issues I am having when/if they occur

Last edited:

hjanweja

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I have had this issue as well. been meaning to post it but have been lazy.
Clearing the data/cache did not work for me, what worked for me though is the post where someone describes how to fix it on a Nexus 5. Thanks !

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes and for the record, I just tried changing my screen animation 2.5 time and the issue fixed itself I turn transitions off completely because I'm anal about it and I don't mind the bug cause I know how to fix it but it does work

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar