Google keyboard question

shetach

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
As a former Blackberry user, one feature I really miss: when holding down a key on the keyboard it automatically became uppercase. No need to hit the shift key first.
Does Google's keyboard have this option hiding somewhere? Is there another keyboard out there that has this option?

Posted via Android Central App

Orlan2

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
i think that isn't possible, you'll have to hit the shift key every time you want it uppercase, i do use Google keyboard since it went out, i haven't been able to do it so far, when u hold it down here it just will show the different punctuation types for each letter in case they have a punctuation.

Edit: the most you might be able to do is this:
If you want to capitalize the first alphabet of every word in a sentence, simply highlight the whole text and press the Shift button on the keyboard.

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
The three keyboards I've used most often (in order of most used to least): Swiftkey, Swype, Google. Regarding your capitalization question, if gesture typing (dragging your finger through the letters that make up a word), Swype has a good capitalization function. For example, if I want to type the word "Dog," then I start my finger on the "d," then move it above the keyboard (which capitalizes the D), and then continue through o-g. I've started using Swype again because of a recent update.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze