Google Chrome issue

maraki1224

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Moto X since December and am loving it. However, a week or 2 ago, my browser sometimes will open a web page very slowly, or not at all. Sometimes, it works great. Other times, I get a white screen and nothing opens. The last few times after getting the white screen, I opened and closed the 'setting' tab and then my page opened up. Any ideas?

cindave

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Chrome update just posted in Play store may have addressed this. I had similar issues. We'll see...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
If the update doesn't fix it, I recommend clearing Chrome cache and uninstalling all updates to return to factory version. Then install the new update. An update to Chrome gave me problems, and this method fixed it.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

maraki1224

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I cleared the cache; no improvement. My problem started before the last update. Will try uninstalling updates and installing the new update. I'll report back.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I cleared the cache; no improvement. My problem started before the last update. Will try uninstalling updates and installing the new update. I'll report back.

Try Chrome Beta. Just to see if it has the same problems. Then you can narrow down your issue. I've been using Chrome Beta since it came out a couple years ago.

Posted via Android Central App from my Ebony backed Moto X

attyple

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I've run into the same thing. I uninstalled the updates and it has worked without an issue. I then d/l the updates and it started again, so I uninstalled them. Still waiting for a fix.

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Mine did the same thing! I just disabled it and went with opera instead!

SENT VIA MY LG G-FLEX ON SPRINT, POSTED BY ANDROID CENTRALS APP....LIFE IS GOOD✌

maraki1224

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
OK, I did uninstall the updates and installed them again. Doing the same thing. If I get a white screen, no matter how long it stays that way, then I hit the settings options and then go back to the screen, my page opens immediately. I just don't want to have to go to the settings option in order to open my page.
Now I'm considering a different browser. I've never done this before, so here's a dumb question. What's the difference between Opera and Opera Mini?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes