Some camera photos completely washed out on Moto X?

edmicman

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I discovered a strange problem today with some photos I've taken on my Verizon Moto X. Normally I haven't had any problems and have been very happy with the quality. I was going through my camera roll and realized I have a lot of photos that are completely blown out in colored gradients. I've attached a sample. uploadfromtaptalk1407642563775.jpg

These were all I think taken outside in bright sunlight. I have other photos taken under the same conditions that are fine. Unfortunately it appears that this has happened mutilple occasions over the past month or so, but sporadically since not all my photos are messed up.

I guess what I'm wondering is am I doing something wrong? Is there a bug somewhere? I haven't tried transferring any of them to a computer yet but they are messed up on the auto backup and after a reboot of the phone. Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you know if those were originally normal pictures that somehow got corrupted? Or do you think the camera went nuts and took a bunch odd nothing pics?

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Pocket shots? I've seen similar things a couple times. In my case the camera woke up through my walking/running - must have moved the phone in an accidental double twist - and something I did registered as a touch on the screen. I have several nice, blurry shots of the inside of my pocket.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Pocket shots? I've seen similar things a couple times. In my case the camera woke up through my walking/running - must have moved the phone in an accidental double twist - and something I did registered as a touch on the screen. I have several nice, blurry shots of the inside of my pocket.

Sounds plausible to me. I have this happen, too. Mine are usually really dark because i keep my flash off and wear jeans.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Sounds plausible to me. I have this happen, too. Mine are usually really dark because i keep my flash off and wear jeans.
Same thing has happened with my Moto X a couple of times since taking 4.4.4. As far as I know, I'm not losing any photos that I intended to take. The ones I'm getting similar to those pictured I think are accidental pocket shots.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Those look like the pocket shots I've gotten! Though mine have been several different color hues.

Sent from my Moto X

edmicman

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Good call on the pocket shots! Apparently it did the double twist in my cargo pocket while doing yard work. There was even a 30 minute video taken where I heard conversations outside of pocket. Neat, more power to the moto x!

Thanks everyone for the tips!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908