Voice commands not working

bryanmsi

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
If I use the touch less voice feature ("OK, Google Now") to initiate a voice command, the phone properly recognizes my voice and shows the translated search text on the screen. But it pauses for about 5-10 seconds and then always results in "Can't reach Google at the moment." I have strong WiFi and LTE connections. Yet If I tap the microphone icon on this error screen and repeat the search using Google's dialog, the search always works. Or, if I tap the voice search from the Google Now screen, it also always works.

So it seems what whatever handoff from Moto's voice search to Google's search stopped working.

Anyone else have this problem?

jmettee

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been doing that too at random times. I think I notice most of the time (perhaps always?) When on WiFi.

Posted via Android Central App

bryanmsi

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Fixed it. I went into the app manager, found Google Search, and deleted all the updates. As soon as I did that voice search went back to normal and works every time again.

And, as soon as I reinstall the Google Search updates, the problems return. Let's hope Google fixes this soon!

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited: